Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio › Computer Speakers › Logitech Speaker System Z623 › Reviews › ocrynox's Review

Pretty good everyday speakers

A Review On: Logitech Speaker System Z623

Logitech Speaker System Z623

Rated # 12 in Computer Speakers
Quality
ocrynox

Pros: Decent subwoofer, Simple and upfront controls, Pretty loud

Cons: Needs a sound limiter, Mids

Firstly I was running some old Panasonic speakers (about 20 years) but I've always wanted more bass. Yes, I'm a basshead. After a lot of research of what's available for purchase in my country I settled down with Logitech Z623, well, mainly because of the subwoofer. First day I got them I didn't really like them, but as I got more used to their sound, they fitted into my life pretty well.

Highs

Not over-exposed or anything. Sounds balanced out and doesn't hurt my ears even on high volumes, though not enough for studio use (as I also have a studio, I know a lot). It has a "nearly dedicated" tweeter. All in all 9/10.

Mids

That's where these speakers lack quality. It just LACKS MIDS. It's very unbalanced, guitars, vocals sound dim.

Lows

Bass is just what you'd expect with that big of a sub. It's very good. Nearly splendid. Though I'm running them off an amped pc output on 50% volume set on windows and around 60% of volume on logitechs subwoofer sounds distorted and smells like burning.

Lastly, It's a decent pair of speakers for daily use. You won't be disappointed.

Comments: