Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Little Dot MK IV › Little Dot MK IV Reviews

Little Dot MK IV Reviews

RevC

Simply Lovely

Pros: Sound quality, cost, cool factor

Cons: None to date

I bought this on a recent trip to China (well, when in China do what the Chinese do and buy a valve headphone amp!) after doing some online research. This is my first valve amp but I already owned a Graham Slee headphone amp.   The amp out of the box gives off a good first impression. It is well built and feels solid. The instructions are adequate without ever feeling comprehensive but hey, what do you need to know? Stick the leads in this end and the phones in that and away you go! It is a little bigger than the photos suggested it was but by no means bulky. The volume dial has a good weight to it and the whole thing feels quality.   Once I got it home and installed...
tonyc2468

Adds a new dimension to music collection even on MP3

Pros: Looks, build, sound quality, cost

Cons: None yet

I brought this headphone amp after reading many different reviews and after having a good experience with a cheaper valve amp (Bravo Audio Ocean) and dissapointments with solid state amps up to $350US.   The Amp straight out of the box sounded quite bright with my Audio Technica ATH-A700 and ATH -AD700 and Beyerdynamics BT880 (600 ohm) but within a few hours of burn in  it had started to give that smoother tube sound that I prefer.   I am not running any top end equipment through this as I sold all my HIFI gear a few years ago when the kids arrived. I am currently just running a cowon S9 and J3 through the unit with MP3 files (320 bit rate) and...