Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Little Dot I+ › Little Dot I+ Reviews

Little Dot I+ Reviews

JoeDoe

Exceptionally Talented Little (Dot) Hybrid

Pros: Price, Construction, Sound-tailoring Options

Cons: Power, Chassis Design (sort of)

The I+ from Little Dot is an excellent tube hybrid that offers much more than its sub-$150 price tag would suggest.   This is the first piece of head-fi equipment that I've owned twice. Bought one from a fellow Alabamian head-fier a couple months ago and had it for a little more than a month before deciding to sell as my "best" pair of cans weren't benefitting as much from amping. Within a week of the sale, I missed the LD too much and pulled the trigger on a new one! (Oh well, you live and you learn).   I purchased the I+ after reading up on how well it pairs with Grados, my flavor of choice. And let me tell you, it certainly performs brilliantly!   1st: Price:...
Beeman97

For the price, amazing! Needs tube upgrade though...

Pros: Amazing value, good sound, it looks nice (IMHO), good for Grado, Denon, and other efficient headphones, great build quality

Cons: Only one input, not the most powerful amp ever created, needs an upgrade from stock tubes

For $140 (Shipping included), this is probably one of the best amps out there. The Little Dot I+ is a great inexpensive chi-fi amp and with a small tube upgrade (I upgraded to Mullard M8161 tubes) it is a great budget solution. I know I didn't really want to spend a lot on an amp as I am still in high school and living on a strict (sorta) budget. I am using this in conjunction with an iStreamer from HRT and Denon AH-D5000 headphones and it really shines (for the price of course) with this system. Build and design are very good (Again, IMHO). I think that it is the simplicity of one analogue input that can keep the price down and really just make a straight foreword beginner amp. Another...
jbarr1989

Excellent Value

Pros: Amazing for the price

Cons: Gain has to be changed internally

Amazing headphone amp for the price.  Used with my 325is, Pro900s and Q701s.  Great value, drives most headphones incredibly well, even powered my Q701s on the high gain setting with no signs of distortion.   It's a really nice looking headphone amp for the money also, very study with a neat, clean build.  For the price this absolutely can't be beat.