Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Amp/DACs › LHLabs Geek Out › LHLabs Geek Out Reviews

LHLabs Geek Out Reviews

Barra

Geek Out 1000: A Powerful Quality Tube Amp in the form of a USB Key

Pros: Tube-like sound at a great price

Cons: Heat and a little brightness at times

The Geek Out 1000 (Serial Number 1254) being a USB DAC/AMP is absolutely the wrong solution for my needs, but given its reputation for sound quality and knowing it has a DAP sibling on the way, I had to hear it when I got the chance to borrow miceblue’s. This is all about SQ for me and boy has it been an ear opener, wow.   Listening Notes: Signature: WOW!!!!!! The Geek Out 1000 has a very euphoric/euphonic, thick, smooth, warm, and textured tube like sound with forward lush mids and a very impressive timbre. The sound stage is intimate, but reasonably airy sounding, very 3D, and realistic. At the risk of repeating myself, the thing that strikes me the most is how realistic and...
bhazard

High Quality, High Res, High Output, High Satisfaction, Low Price.

Pros: Everything. Best DAC/Amp combo I've heard under $500

Cons: Some heat. Unable to use with USB OTG + External Power on Android.

The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device. Light Harmonic already created and sold the Da Vinci DAC, an award winning $20,000+ DAC, but they wanted to take a chance and bring a more affordable device to the masses.   Kickstarter crowdfunding was used to successfully fund into the project. As an "investor" into the Geek Out, I felt connected with the project. I and the other backers wanted it to succeed. We offered advice that changed the device into a better one over time. We told LH Labs what we wanted, and they listened. I...