Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › Lepai LP-2020A+ › Lepai LP-2020A+ Reviews

Lepai LP-2020A+ Reviews

HyperDuckling

Nice sound for price!

Pros: Nice, warm sound!

Cons: powersupply, background noise

Just bought this amp (actually bought two, because of the pricetag!) and at first, when i powered it on, i was a little worried, as it wouldn't light up in the front, but i just left it their lying on my floor, and when i came back to my room it worked... *easy problemsolving* :)   This little mini amp sure have an amazing sound/price ratio, and with a little modifications, it actually sounds really great! the bass and clarity are a little boosted, while the mid sounds a little muddy, but overall it's definetly worth the 20£ i payed for it (with upgraded powersupple) I'm not an audiofile by any means, but i do own some headphones (ex: Sennheiser Momentum) and my uncle have some...
prodo123

Best value for money, anywhere

Pros: Cheap as heck! $20 for such a good amp! Also gets the job done.

Cons: No headphone out, but then again you're not buying this for headphones.

This little guy is awesome at what it does: providing amplification for passive monitors. With a pair of RCA ins and clips for universal input, if you want versatility for your setup on the cheap this is the thing to get. Design It's a metal box with flanges on the side for mounting to surfaces. If you're like me and you don't mount these things, then the flanges will be slightly bothersome. I fixed this by putting rubber bands over them so the amp does not slide around. The box is solidly built. Made of solid metal. Black casing, silver face. The volume pot is accentuated by a blue LED. There are two additional controls for treble and bass as well as a switch to completely bypass the...
oli1122

Excellent for the price and a great start out amp

Pros: Very warm sound, similar to that of tube amps (please note I do not at all liken this to the quality of a £200 or $260 tube amp)

Cons: None other than the powersupply included is only 12V 2A but needs to be upgraded to 12V 5A or more to get best sound.

This amp is amazing. I mean.. literally stunning. I know people will flame me for this but first let me explain. I got this amp on offer on amazon for £15 or ~$22. For the sound to price ratio its amazing, nice deep warm sound. Can't fault it and it sounds better than some of my £100 amps. Now if you choose to tinker around inside and mod this amp it can be truly stunning. For another £5 for some caps and a better power supply this amp now easily beats £200 amps for clarity and volume. Drives some big speakers too (currently running a custom system of two 750W Bass Face speakers and a 500W sub off of it). Bottom line. If you need a cheap to mid range amp then go for this happy listening
dolgen

Terrific little amp for all kinds of audio uses.

Pros: Very clean sound and adequate power for very very low price.

Cons: At this price, not really.

I've been using this little amp in my 2 channel home theater, running some bookshelf Silverline speakers, of about 87db sensitivity, connected to my dvd player. It's done an admirable job, always supplying enough clean volume. Lately I've been using it to run a pair of Stax SR-5's (via an energizer box), and am amazed at the clean very well balanced sound. So far, I'd say it sounds better than my Sherwood tube amp (a bit too warm) and even my Pass Aleph  (a bit thinner),  as far as the headphones are concerned. Haven't been this happy with headphones ever before.  My Lepai has bass and treble controls, but also has a feature to disable those controls, creating a more...