Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › LEAR BD 4.2 › LEAR BD 4.2 Reviews

LEAR BD 4.2 Reviews

cleg

Top notch IEMS with unique technologies

Pros: Great build, nice set of accessories, fun sound with own signature, tunable bass

Cons: Price, need to find a prefect fit, so better order them in custom body

First of all, I'd like to thank Lear for opportunity to review BD4.2 I'll try to be short, and outline main points, regarding this unique IEMs. Please note, that current revision differs, from the first one, and Lear done a good work upgrading it. Acessories More then you wish: hard Pelican Case, carrying pouch, 4 pairs different silicone tips, 3 different pairs of foam tips, cleaning tool and bass-tuning screwdriver. Different tips provides different sound signature, so you can experiment easily. Design BD4.2 are pretty big. There is no other way to fit inside 4 balanced armatures, 2 dynamic transducers, crossover schematics with bass tuner regulator and acoustic lowpass filter....
White Lotus

LEAR BD4.2 - Hybrid IEM with a twist (2 x dynamic drivers, 4 x BA drivers)

Pros: Tunable bass, comfortable fit, great accessories, great looks

Cons: High price, wide nozzle, detail retreival, sound-stage

Foreword:   I'm a production manager, but focus mostly on sound engineering and installations. I install and tune a lot of P.A equipment, and also mix live acts. My work environments consist mainly of: - live venues, - concert halls, - bars - nightclubs. - festivals - events I've taken a huge liking to headphones - IEM's in particular. I like the idea of having my own personal PA system that I can take with me anywhere. With Rockbox being in such advanced stages, and such great low-impedance portable amps coming out, you can really seem to get any sound signature you wish out of a portable rig.       Enter, the Lear BD4.2. Packaging and accessories Very...