Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › KRK KNS6400 Studio Headphones › KRK KNS6400 Studio Headphones Reviews

KRK KNS6400 Studio Headphones Reviews

MalVeauX

KRK KNS6400, a detailed monitor

Pros: Extreme detail, excellent mids, isolating, comfortable

Cons: Noise floor hiss, unforgiving, very bass shy

KRK KNS6400 A detailed monitor   So I had to give the KNS6400's a shot because they were recommended to me based on my love for the SRH940 and other headphones that are all about mids and details. The KNS6400 is only $80 from Amazon, but I was lucky enough to have Tdockweiler let me borrow his pair for a while to audition and get a feel for them, so a huge thanks to him for letting me borrow the cans. So the KNS6400's are supposed to be a very detailed, clear, studio monitor and I had to know because I've tried other studio monitors in the past, which are often passed as being a headphone for casual music listening, and felt they were nothing of the sort. So, let's put another...
SanjiWatsuki

KRK KNS 6400, Clear as Crystal

Pros: Excellent detailing, very well rendered mids, surprisingly good sub-bass, responds well to EQ, comfortable headphones, high isolation

Cons: Even after EQ, lack of bass impact due to an overdamped bass response, very unmusical with stock settings

I'm going to level with you -- I bought these headphones for a reason that probably nobody in history has ever purchase the KRK KNS 6400s. I bought them because I thought I might be able to coax a good bass response out of them. I saw the graphs at HeadRoom and InnerFidelity and thought: "These things have the most extended bass response I've seen out of anything in its price range! Only a modded T50RP has that kind of extension under $100! They're underemphasized, but that can be equalized!" Their drivers looked to me like they had the potential to produce a strong bass, along side their excellent mids. It looked like a complete bargain. Thus, I put down the money to buy the KRK KNS...