Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Koss PRODJ100 › Koss PRODJ100 Reviews

Koss PRODJ100 Reviews

Anhoblack

KOSS DJ100

Pros: Cheap but good sound!

Cons: Ugly looking, not very comfi if you have big ears:-(

Well i have some mixed feelings for these headphones. They sound good for the money, but i don't find them very comfotable when have used them for more then a half hour. But let me jump further into the review, and tell you what i think  more specific.   Sound quality: Overall it's good, actually very good for the money you pay. I am reviewing this from my iphone, since they are made for transportable use, and not home listening! I would say that they ain't natural sounding, but is very well balanced and sounds very dry and crisp. It does not have this deep and smooth base, it's rather very dry, but this is not bad in any way. The bass actually surprised me in any way,...
lStN

KOSS PRO DJ 100 - Slowly, but surely you fall in love with them

Pros: Great design, great quality for the money

Cons: Coiled cable (depends on the person), no way to change the cable, unless you take it apart.

So, I bought these after reading a really long thread on the forums along with a new Fiio E7 as suggested, as well as new M50s pads. At first I must say they were pretty terrible and I thought that the people that loved them were retards, but as stated somewhere in that long thread, I've waited for them to burn in (even though I didn't believe that at first). Now, a month later I cannot leave my home without them. The clarity, the quality and the overall design is just superb. Probably the best paid £50 over a long time. There have been a lot of people that have been complaining how the bass sucks with these, but I truly cannot understand them. They really perform great with bass...
doublea71

Koss Pro DJ100 - 1st cans/litmus test for new head-fier

Pros: responds well to eq + burn in, nice detail in certain genres

Cons: not much to knock for the price, forward mids lack detail with amped music (but not horribly so), really nothing subpar about these

These are my first purchase of head-fi recommended headphones. I do not have ANYTHING to compare them to since I'm a novice audio enthusiast. This really amounts to a bit of babbling by someone who does not know very much about his new hobby. However, I will offer my proverbial 2 cents. Here goes nothing:   I've had these for about a month and have approximately 40 hours use on them. They may still be burning in at this point.   Build Quality: The build quality is quite good for the price point. I think we have all seen the plastic-clad hideousness that sells for 3 or 4 times the price of these. The cups are machined aluminum and most other parts are metal as well....