Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Koss PRODJ100 › Koss PRODJ100 Reviews

Koss PRODJ100 Reviews

lStN

KOSS PRO DJ 100 - Slowly, but surely you fall in love with them

Pros: Great design, great quality for the money

Cons: Coiled cable (depends on the person), no way to change the cable, unless you take it apart.

So, I bought these after reading a really long thread on the forums along with a new Fiio E7 as suggested, as well as new M50s pads. At first I must say they were pretty terrible and I thought that the people that loved them were retards, but as stated somewhere in that long thread, I've waited for them to burn in (even though I didn't believe that at first). Now, a month later I cannot leave my home without them. The clarity, the quality and the overall design is just superb. Probably the best paid £50 over a long time. There have been a lot of people that have been complaining how the bass sucks with these, but I truly cannot understand them. They really perform great with bass...
doublea71

Koss Pro DJ100 - 1st cans/litmus test for new head-fier

Pros: responds well to eq + burn in, nice detail in certain genres

Cons: not much to knock for the price, forward mids lack detail with amped music (but not horribly so), really nothing subpar about these

These are my first purchase of head-fi recommended headphones. I do not have ANYTHING to compare them to since I'm a novice audio enthusiast. This really amounts to a bit of babbling by someone who does not know very much about his new hobby. However, I will offer my proverbial 2 cents. Here goes nothing:   I've had these for about a month and have approximately 40 hours use on them. They may still be burning in at this point.   Build Quality: The build quality is quite good for the price point. I think we have all seen the plastic-clad hideousness that sells for 3 or 4 times the price of these. The cups are machined aluminum and most other parts are metal as well....