Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Koss Pro4AAT Titanium Pro Headphones › Koss Pro4AAT Titanium Pro Headphones Reviews

Koss Pro4AAT Titanium Pro Headphones Reviews

Positive Reviews

TheGloriousEnd

Koss Pro4 AAT's: Inspiring my quest for higher Fidelity

Pros: Immense value in terms of price to quality ratio, Koss Lifetime Warranty, Excellent Balanced SQ

Cons: Heavy, moderately uncomfortable, hard to drive, take a good bit of burn in to reach optimum SQ

As a bit of a disclaimer, I'm a huge fan of these headphones, and have used them almost daily for the past three years, so I suppose you could say this review is a bit biased, but I'll try to keep it fair. Here's why I feel so strongly about these headphones. First, they have amazing value, at $65 for a pair (Amazon pricing) which alone speaks for why anyone new to the hi-fi world should have a crack at them.   As for sound quality, I've found them to be quite flat across the frequency spectrum, all the way down to quite low areas, with drop off not noticeable on most everything I've listened to. As for the midrange, it's quite neutral, and neither overly forward, nor recessed,...

Negative Reviews

Uithuizen

Sound quality disappointing.

Pros: Good craftsmanship, good looking, good sound isolation. Lifetime warranty.

Cons: SQ inadequate for serious listening to music.

Being a (non-professional) recording engineer -- my specialities are the recording of organ music and chamber music-- I required next to my Sennheiser HD 595 (excellent!!!) a pair of closed headphones. These would be useful in the case that the recording equipment lives in the same room as where the music is made. Attracted by Koss'reputation and good reviews I decided for the Pro4AAT. At first I conected the headphone to the output of my computer's sound board, and it became clear that this output is not capable of driving a high-impedance headphone. My audio amplifier solved that problem. But I found the SQ very disappointing. The lows are not convincing at all, the mids sound tinny...