Pros: Great Price, very Durable, Comes backed with Koss lifetime warranty, great for certain types of music, replaceable cable
Cons: Heavy clamping force, forward mids, lacks bass
This is my first review on headfi. Thanks for your support :D.
Im a beginner audiophile, I use an iPod Touch with my koss prodj200.
1.The headphones comes beautifully packed in a carry case, which to this day has no a single tear on it.
2.Included are 1 straight cable[mic+iOS device controller]+1 coiled cable[9 feet] + 1 1/4 inch adapter[clip on]
3. Headphones are foldable and fold to a beautiful compact size. Terribly durable(and I use my headphones pretty rough)
4. Padding is adequate and comfortable. Padding is made of pleather for the ear cups and synthetic material for the headband.
5. Mostly metal, but the drivers themselves are attached by 2 pieces of plastic- Initially I thought this might break, but no signs of breakage yet.
6.NOTE:- If you have a problem with clamping force this is for you: In the first month I bought my headphones the clamping force was way way too high for it to be useable for more than an hour or two. Please take this into consideration.
1. Sound is beautifully detailed and I could not notice any breaks(like some reviewers did) in the sound. Music was crisp and instruments(ranging from guitar to the cello) sounded pristine.
2. There is a noticeable lack of bass comparatively, but unless you're a bass head this won't bother you.
3. This maybe just me, but the mids are a bit forward and there is a high end roll off.
4. These headphones render the female voice amazingly, I mean AMAZINGLY!
5. Note: These headphones have same sound as koss prodj100 and the Tony bennet version.
Thanks for reading.