Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones Reviews

Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones Reviews

Showing 6 5-star reviews (see all 15 reviews)

JoeDoe

Is there better bang for your buck!? I don't think so...

Pros: Price, SQ, Price, Clarity, Price

Cons: Clips!

If there are better sounding headphones in this bracket, they sure aren't available to the public yet! The KSC75s just might represent the apex before the downslope of diminishing returns.   The sound: Very fun and engaging all-purpose sound. The bass is certainly present, although far from basshead territory, the mids are maybe a little recessed, but they sound just great all the same, and the treble extends nicely without a trace of sibilance or harshness.    Design: Probably the only downside to these guys. The driver covers look super-cheap and the earclips make these the most uncomfortable cans I've ever used. Granted they do get more comfortable as they...
yokken

Phenomenal for the price

Pros: Inexpensive, fantastic soundstage/imaging, incredible instrument separation, very detailed, textured bass, crisp highs, energetic and engaging sound

Cons: Clips aren't the most comfortable, aren't sexy looking

Taking price into account above all else, these are the best headphones I have ever owned.  Obviously my HD650s and DT880s sound better, but they also cost 15-25x as much. I've probably put ~150 hours on them. I did do the kramer mod (involves drilling a few holes in the driver cover to allow more sound through) but they sound great even without the mod. I also bought a Parts-Express headphone from Amazon, took the garbage drivers off them and snapped the Koss drivers on. I find them much more comfortable this way. As a plus you can bend the headband however you like to suit your comfort level. Some people do the "quarter mod" where you put a quarter over the earpads ...
harrislp

Best bargain in the headphone world

Pros: Fun, fun, fun. Ideal for jogging/bicycling, brilliant highs and more detail thn you could reasonably ask for for at the pricepoint. Did I mention fun?

Cons: A design only a mother could love, pinchy earclips, flimsy cable, not bass-focussed, leaks too much sound for public listening at volume..

As someone who enjoys all different kinds of headphones and has owned a few different ones at a number of pricepoints, I can reccommend only one headphone to pretty much anyone who listens to music and wants more fun out of their portable rig. That phone is the Koss KSC75.   Why are these phones so great, so much so that I am on my fourth pair? For half the price of an apple earbud, you get a pair of detailed, easy-to-drive, energetic and involving headphones that will bring out detail and life you have never experienced with the phones that came with your ipod/iphone/walkman/discman/minidisc player etc. While they are not perfect, They are so good that I use them more than any...
Xaborus

Prefer them to my $300 DT990's

Pros: Lightweight, Cheap, Lifetime Warranty, Fun, Value, Rugged, Open-back

Cons: Takes 5 minutes to properly adjust the earclips

If you don't own a pair, BUY THEM! Seriously, their that good. I prefer them to my DT990's, hands down. Nuff Said.   If that still doesn't convince you, they're super comfortable once you adjust them properly, sound fantastic, cost $20, and can be modded for fun.   The ear clips are pretty durable. I've snapped them off the drivers multiple times to adjust the clips and the connection point is still in perfect condition without any stress marks that usually happen in plastic.   I might have limited experience, but I can't imagine a higher value.
gregoire

Best headphone bargain ever?

Pros: Cost, comfort

Cons: pretty cheap looking

Bought purely out of curiosity after reading so many Head-Fi-ers say great things about them. Simply amazed at the sound quality to price ratio. I love these headphones! I can wear them for hours. In fact i forget they are there after a while.
peskypesky

loving these cheapies!

Pros: small, lightweight, great sound, incredible low price

Cons: not crazy about the clips but getting used to them

What can I say that others haven't said already so many times? These are a MUST-BUY. For $13-14, you will get great-sounding portable headphones that rival the sound quality of much more expensive headphones. I will be buying at least one more set.