Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones › Reviews › kokakolia's Review

They're comfy and great sounding

A Review On: Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones

Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones

Rated # 4 in On-Ear
kokakolia

Pros: airy sound, punchy bass, forward mids, great overall balance, super comfy design, CHEAP!

Cons: slightly grainy treble, poor build-quality, ugly

I bought these KSC75 clips because I lost my modded Koss UR55 and I read oodles of praise for them online. At first I was skeptical because they are very flimsy looking and they are often compared to the Koss PortaPro which sounds muddy in my opinion. So I tried them on and I was immediately impressed by the overall balance and airy sound. Everything sounds so natural and forward, and it's really easy to separate vocals and instruments. I really like these with pop and rock music. The KSC75 crush the PortaPro. However, I must say that the treble feels grainy at times, especially with shimmering electric guitars (typical in post-rock). Another complaint would be that they look super dorky on your head, especially next to the PortaPro which is very stylish.

I think that the KSC75 would almost better the Grado Sr60i, if it weren't for that grainy treble. They are that good.

Comments: