Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones › Reviews › gregoire's Review

Best headphone bargain ever?

A Review On: Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones

Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones

Rated # 3 in On-Ear
gregoire

Pros: Cost, comfort

Cons: pretty cheap looking

Bought purely out of curiosity after reading so many Head-Fi-ers say great things about them.

Simply amazed at the sound quality to price ratio. I love these headphones! I can wear them for hours. In fact i forget they are there after a while.

headphones (1 of 10).jpg

headphones (2 of 10).jpg

headphones (3 of 10).jpg

headphones (4 of 10).jpg

headphones (5 of 10).jpg

The comfort is nice, however without the pressure against the ear that a headband gives, the bass is greatly diminished. I guess I greatly prefer the KTXpro1 to KSC75 in terms of sound quality. The KTXpro1 is basically a KSC75 with a headband instead of the ear hooks. While you are listening to the KSC75 press the driver enclosers against your ears and you will get an idea of what I am talking about. The latest KTXpro1 is ugly though. It looked much nicer years ago when it was made in black. I hope they start making it in black again.
If you want to try another low priced headphone bargain, try the JVC HAS160. I like it even better than the KTXpro1, and almost as much as the much more expensive Sennheiser PX100.
I tried to put the KSC75 driver enclosures on the headband of my Portapro, however that doesn't work. The Portapro driver enclosures will fit on the KSC75 earhooks though. If I can find my Sportapro, I will try to put the KSC75 driver enclosures on its headband.
I found my Sportapro. The KSC75 driver enclosures did snap on to the Sportapro headband. I took the Portapro driver enclosures and snapped them on to the KSC75 earhooks. This solved two problems. On the Portapro headband, the Portapro drivers were too bassy. On the KSC75 earhooks they are nice. The KSC75 was bass deficient, but those drivers on the Sportapro headband has decent bass. The KSC75 drivers on the Sportapro headband is almost like the KTXpro1 but nicer looking.
JK1 - I think there is 'just' enough bass. I'm still a huge fan of these headphones, and they have been getting 3-4 hours use a day at work. I find they sound noticeably better when used through my little PA2V2 amp - which gives the bass better definition and a little more punch. But its the lack of a headband that i'm now converted to. I really enjoy these clips - in fact i've ordered a set of Yuin G2A just to see how they compare.
One thing that surprises me is the Kramer Mod - people say it opens up the treble. In my opinion there is already a lot of treble and it can be a touch harsh at times. If anything i'd want to calm the treble down a bit and add a touch more clarity to it.
I agree, the low treble is undoubtedly hot. I have big problems with sssssibilance from the KSC75.
Imo the JVC HA-EB75 earbuds with earhooks for around $8 sounds much better than the KSC75.