Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue › Reviews › DaddyMojo's Review

Easy on the Ears

A Review On: Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue

Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue

Rated # 241 in In-Ear
DaddyMojo

Pros: Comfortable Wear, Nice Balance, Easy Insertion, Relaxed Tips, Cost

Cons: Needs to be EQ'd, Not much not to love at the price

If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I.  These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch.  Each have their own strenghts, like Westone does a bang up job of creating high end sound in an over the ear wearable IEM, V-Moda has some seriously well built headphones that have a very nice sound and the Audio Technica ATH-M50 is legendary if you have looked on the head-fi forum.  However, I am not always into the over ear design nor am I able to take the time and effort to insert something "over ear" if I am in the car or cycling on my rode bike.  For those times, I want normal tips with normal insertion, which is something that can always be done with one hand.  The tips that Klipsch has designed are marvelous and while I am not sure if they even designed it, I am givin them credit for it.  Because of the low cost to purchase, my son and I have purchased several of the Klipsch IEMs including the X7i, S4, S3 and the S3M.  Most of these my son used because he could throw them in his back pack and not worry about them, instead of say the UM3X where I berate him if he does not have a case, a cloth and the dessicant pod, but I digress.  Of all of those, I really loved the sound of the S3M.  To me, it sounds fantastic and while not as good as the UM3X, certainly on par when consider value for what you get for $49.  While I don't play them on a flat EQ, I find that a little boost to Latin or Pop (on the iPhone EQ) certainly make it really entertaining and to me is a really "fun" sound.

Comments: