Best 2.1 I've heard by far

Rated # 1 in Wireless
Quality
Wireless Range
Gilly87

Pros: Great bass, fun sound, expandable to 5.1, sound awesome right out of the iMac

Cons: Bass can be obtrusive

Got these babies open box from ebay for a hundred smackers, can't beat it.

The bass is AWESOME. Notes go waaaay down low, not the tightest I've heard from subwoofers but still sounds great with plenty of subbass grunt to make anything with lots of bass sound basshead.gif.

Overall the sound is bass-slanted as one would expect from a 2.1 system with a sub this size, but the mids and treble do not suffer. Treble seems to extend plenty far enough and the mids are only occasionally overshadowed by the bass; the main low-end emphasis seems to come in mostly below 200hz so there isn't tons of midbass bleed, more just occasionally excessive boom.

I think these speakers sound great, they are perfect for movies and they handle all of my genres about as well as I could ask, better than I would have thought I would ever find for $100, and surprisingly the bass doesn't usually interfere with its musicality, despite the quantity; my only complaint is that it can only be turned down so much and at the volume I like the mids, the bass probably still disturbs my neighbors O_O

Overall, great sound, simple setup, and good deals on them all over the place; can't go wrong here.

Comments: