Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Wireless › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System Reviews

Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System Reviews

mrsmith076

Very nice speakers, good clarity

Pros: sound, easy to access aux input, long cables

Cons: volume control failed over time

I picked up a pair of these speakers while I was going through college. I used them in a dorm room for my laptop. Being that they weren't terribly expensive I wasn't sure what to expect. They sounded amazing. The bass was always very present and responsive and the mids and highs were all well articulated. These speakers were a dream until the volume control on the unit failed. I eventually found a replacement unit on the Klipsch website (surprise, they revised it a little) it wasn't the same replacement part. So far I've had no problems with this revision of the volume control.   I would like to qualify amazing. They are definitely not going to make anyone drop their 1500 dollar...
Gilly87

Best 2.1 I've heard by far

Pros: Great bass, fun sound, expandable to 5.1, sound awesome right out of the iMac

Cons: Bass can be obtrusive

Got these babies open box from ebay for a hundred smackers, can't beat it.   The bass is AWESOME. Notes go waaaay down low, not the tightest I've heard from subwoofers but still sounds great with plenty of subbass grunt to make anything with lots of bass sound .   Overall the sound is bass-slanted as one would expect from a 2.1 system with a sub this size, but the mids and treble do not suffer. Treble seems to extend plenty far enough and the mids are only occasionally overshadowed by the bass; the main low-end emphasis seems to come in mostly below 200hz so there isn't tons of midbass bleed, more just occasionally excessive boom.   I think these...
RushNerd

Amazing value, best self powered 2.1 set

Cons: amp is known to fry itself and one of my tweeters has always been fuzzy from the amp.

Good luck getting a perfect pair of these with a lasting amp. But an amazing buy and way loud enough for most situations.
Blase0fGlory

Klipsch Comes Through

Pros: Price, Quality

Cons: none

Before I got these, I got a 5.1 system by Logitech that was about 50$ cheaper.  They died for no reason about a week after I brought them home.  Took them back to the store and shelled out the extra bucks for a brand known for making qualilty speakers.  I was not disappointed.  They produce a far clearer sound than the Logitechs and the bass can shake the room whereas the Logitech sub was weak.  I have found that they are a bit lacking when it comes to super lows but it's understandable considering it's only a 6.5 in sub.  For example, the 12 in subs in my car can hit way lower notes, but they're twice the size and pack quite a bit more power.   ...
jockhater2

Bought the wired version

Pros: Clean sound, loud and good bass

Cons: none

I am not sure when I bought them. It was around 4-5 years ago. Either 2005-2006. SO I have have been using these for about 3 years. I got the logitech z5500s last year because I wanted more bass so my girlfriend now uses these. And I must say. I forgot how good they sounded for their size and everything. Love the sound and sub. Very good computer speakers.
rockstar58

Amazing 2.1 System!

Pros: earth shattering volume, big booming, high quality sound

Cons: NONE

These speakers are just amazing! It's vented side firing 6.5'' subwoofer makes great room shaking bass! It has a THX certification which means it the top of the line sound quallity. These speakers have enough power to power a huge room! Highly Reccomended!
PianistOne111

ProMedia 2.1

Pros: They do what they're supposed to.

Cons: Bass module is difficult to adjust.

I bought this for $200 back when there weren't very many choices for computer speakers, and I've never even considered using headphones. Now they have depreciated to under $100.   First, at the time, they were good. They were pretty much the best PC speakers one could get short of wiring one's PC to a "serious" system. You can say I have broken ears, but they sound fine. I have no objections except for the bass. The bass module's level can be adjusted using a knob on the control pod that can be attached to either of the 2 speakers. The bass module's midbass is too strong and lower bass is too soft. No matter how I adjust it, it doesn't get to a satisfactory level. If I adjust it so...