Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone Reviews

Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone Reviews

yliu

Klipsch X10

Pros: Amazing bass, nice smooth highs, small, very comfortable, block out lot of noise

Cons: Lack in mids, feels fragile, no foam tips.

Those earphones are very nice, strong tight bass, mids are detailed but a bit lacking, highs are very smooth. Soundstage is ok, but I don't have much experience on it (worse than IE8 for sure). I love the warm sound, and it really reveals low quality compressed songs. The build fells fragile. I mostly use it at home, and I had no problems with it. They are very comfortable, but they stick out from my ears when I wear them, so you can look a bit funny. The isolations is also very good, for me the X10 were almost as good as my Etymotics!
dayh8

Great for sitting

Pros: Isolation, sound quality

Cons: cord, cord, cord.

I am not going to try to describe the sound of these IEMs. I am new to the audiophile world, and don't have the appropriate training to give anyone a good description of their sound. I am sure that there are plenty of posts out there that can help with that!   That being said, I love the sound of these phones, but I hate everything about the cable. It is very stiff (a property that has only gotten worse in the years that I have owned them) which either 1) Transfers horrendous amounts of noise into the ear from ANY movement against clothing, etc or; 2) Causes them to come unseated in the ear canal which causes noise leakage and immediate loss of sound. If you are looking at these...
rob2ski

X10I The comfort and sound quality of these are fantastic and they are cheap for as good as they sound

Pros: Very detailed balanced good sound, extremely comfortable. I can wear them for 6 hours at work without knowing they are on, great noise isolation

Cons: some microphonics, had a few pair develop shorts in the wires.

I have some current Senn IE80s and I think the x10s sound better and are far more comfortable IMO. These are underated. I like them enough that I have bought 6 pair due to losing them or wear and tear and I buy the X10i with iphone controls @ $200+ a pop. Thats how much I like them.
Techno Kid

Very solid single BA performer

Pros: great bass, smooth detailed mids and highs, good soundstage width and 3D presentation and good isolation

Cons: none that I can find for a $85 IEM

Accessories,   5 Sets of Tips Protective Case Airplane Adaptor Ear Tip Cleaning Tool   Build Quality / Fit,   On the build quality the X10 is very well built imo.  The housings are made of aluminium and I also think because they're so small that they'll last longer.  They have a good strain releif coming of the housing into a good splitter that has a neck clinch.  On do the cable is pretty much your standard cable that most IEM's have with the plasticy feel to them.  The jack has the gold plating with the same kind of strain relief as on the housing.  Over build quality is very good, I'd say some of the best of and IEM I've...
Fatmangolf

Image X10

Pros: Great sound, tiny, like the look

Cons: -

I carry these everywhere with my IPOD Classic. It's hifi on the move, especially on trains. They give a clear full-range sound and the isolation from the double flanged tips is very good. They are very comfortable to wear compared to the Senheiser and Bose IE's I had previously.   It's a lot cash for something so small but I'd buy them again if I lost mine.