Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone

Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone

Rated #48 in Universal Fit

Pros: Amazing bass, nice smooth highs, small, very comfortable, block out lot of noise

Cons: Lack in mids, feels fragile, no foam tips.

Those earphones are very nice, strong tight bass, mids are detailed but a bit lacking, highs are very smooth. Soundstage is ok, but I don't have much experience on it (worse than IE8 for sure). I love the warm sound, and it really reveals low quality compressed songs. The build fells fragile. I mostly use it at home, and I had no problems with it. They are very comfortable, but they stick out from my ears when I wear them, so you can look a bit funny. The isolations is also very good, for me the X10 were almost as good as my Etymotics!

Pros: Isolation, sound quality

Cons: cord, cord, cord.

I am not going to try to describe the sound of these IEMs. I am new to the audiophile world, and don't have the appropriate training to give anyone a good description of their sound. I am sure that there are plenty of posts out there that can help with that! rolleyes.gif  That being said, I love the sound of these phones, but I hate everything about the cable. It is very stiff (a property that has only gotten worse in the years that I have owned them) which either 1) Transfers horrendous amounts of noise into the ear from ANY movement against clothing, etc or; 2) Causes them to come unseated in the ear canal which causes noise leakage and immediate loss of sound.
If you are looking at these for noise isolation at the gym, I recommend going somewhere else, since within two steps you will be peeved, and a lap around the track will have them dangling from your neck while you mutter obscenities under your breath at the wasted money.
That being said, these are great on a plane. They are so small that even in their carrying case they are smaller than a deck of cards, and in your pocket they are hardly there at all. They Isolate noise very well if you seat them correctly, and any sedentary 'activity' like flying minimizes the cord's negative qualities.
Overall I am happy, and will not buy another pair of IEMs to replace them until I go custom, and that won't happen until I either lose them or break them.

Pros: Very detailed balanced good sound, extremely comfortable. I can wear them for 6 hours at work without knowing they are on, great noise isolation

Cons: some microphonics, had a few pair develop shorts in the wires.

I have some current Senn IE80s and I think the x10s sound better and are far more comfortable IMO. These are underated. I like them enough that I have bought 6 pair due to losing them or wear and tear and I buy the X10i with iphone controls @ $200+ a pop. Thats how much I like them.

Pros: great bass, smooth detailed mids and highs, good soundstage width and 3D presentation and good isolation

Cons: none that I can find for a $85 IEM

Accessories,

5 Sets of Tips

Protective Case

Airplane Adaptor

Ear Tip Cleaning Tool

Build Quality / Fit,

On the build quality the X10 is very well built imo.  The housings are made of aluminium and I also think because they're so small that they'll last longer.  They have a good strain releif coming of the housing into a good splitter that has a neck clinch.  On do the cable is pretty much your standard cable that most IEM's have with the plasticy feel to them.  The jack has the gold plating with the same kind of strain relief as on the housing.  Over build quality is very good, I'd say some of the best of and IEM I've had.

Fit can be described in one word, "perfect".  These things fit me perfectly with the Klipsch patented oval shaped tips that I've also found to be some of the best fitting and isolating tips you can get.  The size of the IEM make so you don't even really feel them after awhile, these truly are some of the most comfortable IEM's you can get imo.  The isolation as I mentioned is outstanding, I'd say its almost as good as the Etymotics which are considered to be the best.  I can't say it enough these fit really good and I can't see anyone have a problem with them at all.

Sound Quality,

Bass - The bass is one of the strong points of the X10's presentation.  They have a very good amount of impact in the mid-bass and as for depth they're no slouch either with plenty of sub-bass imo.  Its well textured with good speed and decay times.  For the EDM I listen to the X10's bass is more than sufficient and I think even some bassheads would enjoy the X10's low end.  I think they out perform the FAD Heaven in the bass, the Heaven I feel still has a bit more impact and depth over all but not buy much and the X10's bass sounds cleaner with better texture over all, they're just a solid performer in that area.

Mids - The mids are probably what I like most with IEM's as I've become a pretty big mid-head and the X10's midrange like the bass doesn't disappoint.  They're on the warm and smooth side and are also a bit forward but nothing I'd call mid-centric.  The have good detail but are missing some of the micro detail of other high end sets like the SM3 but it doesn't take away from the SQ imo.  They do an excellent job of isolating the vocals and dare I say almost as good at that as the BA200 thought they're not quite that good at it but still better than many other higher end IEM's I've heard.  I think the mids of the X10 are a lot like the Sony XBA-1 but better at isolating vocals.

Highs - Not much different from many other warmer mid forward IEM's in that they're laid back and fatigue free.  The have a decent amount of sparkle, just enough to get the detail you want from the treble.  So I'm not going to go into more detail as the highs sound a lot like the highs of the BA200, SM3 (though not quite as good) and other warm sounding IEM's.

Soundstage - This part surprised me because I wasn't expecting the soundstage to be as good as it is.  What surprised me the most was how good they portrayed width, the sound much wider than what I was expecting and they also have a fair amount of height along with good depth.  As for the separation and imaging they're both good but not quite to the level of the SM3 or BA200 but I wouldn't expect them to be though at the MSRP price of $350 you'd want better separation and imaging.

Conclusion - So the Klipsch Image X10, its a very good IEM for the price they're going for now which is around the $100 mark.  Very clean and impactful bass, warm and smooth mids and highs along with a very well rounded soundstage makes these a very nice bargain imo, so if that sounds like something you'd like I say don't hesitate to get a pair.

Rating - 9

Pros: Great sound, tiny, like the look

Cons: -

I carry these everywhere with my IPOD Classic. It's hifi on the move, especially on trains. They give a clear full-range sound and the isolation from the double flanged tips is very good. They are very comfortable to wear compared to the Senheiser and Bose IE's I had previously.

It's a lot cash for something so small but I'd buy them again if I lost mine.

Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone

Not only is it the world's smallest and lightest full-range in-ear headphone design, the Klipsch Image fuses lifestyle, technology, and fashion to offer a personalized fit and deliver a precision-tuned acoustic experience. IMAGE earphones utilize translucent patent-pending Contour Ear Gels that are anatomically designed to accurately fit inside the human ear canal. These soft, oval silicon tips reduce ear fatigue as well as provide an amazing seal for excellent noise isolation and increased bass response. Because ear canal measurements vary, each IMAGE model comes with five different ear gel sizes: small, medium, and large single flange designs as well as small and large double flange designs. Exclusive extended-frequency KG926 balanced micro-armatures deliver a superior acoustic experience with all the delicate accuracy you have come to expect from Klipsch. IMAGE earphones feature aluminum bodies finished in beautiful anodized copper and sleek, streamlined black "tails." Aside from aesthetic appeal, these flexible "tails" reduce cable stress and serve as an acoustic dampener to minimize cable noise.

BindingElectronics
BrandKlipsch
Colorblack
EAN0743878019650
FeatureIncredible acoustic performance from single armature design
Height0.3 inches