Lasted less than 6 months!

A Review On: Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphones

Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphones

Rated # 60 in Universal Fit
KSprite623

Pros: The block out a lot of ambient noise.

Cons: They don't hold up to normal wear and tear.

I received these headphones for a Christmas present after doing A LOT of research.  I enjoyed them at first, but after less than 3 months the cord at the jack began to loosen, even though I religiously put them back into their case after every use.  By the time I had owned them for 6 months, they were no longer working.

This part of the headphone is not covered by warranty, so I no longer have the headphones, or the money.

Great.

Same thing happened to me after like 9months, but i think that's a good life for $80, they went through plenty of yanking and un-tangling, and I put them back in the case but I wrapped them around my hand, maybe that put continuous stretch on the cord?
Exactly the same thing happened after 4 months.
Wow, one star? Pretty harsh, 6 months is pretty acceptable for $65 iems,
I think we're all measuring by our Head-Fi'er standards here. Sure, to IEM fans who regularly put down hundreds or even thousands on in-ear gear, getting that kind of time out of a set that's less than $100 seems pretty good. To an average consumer making his (or her) first major purchase in audio, it's not to be taken that lightly.
I've had really cheap Sennheiser bottom-end in-ears and (dare I say it) stock earbuds that've lasted longer than that. Klipsch's in-ears are known for horrible durability, and they didn't fix any of that with the S5i "rugged" version of the S4 design.