Fun, but sibilant

A Review On: Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphones

Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphones

Rated # 53 in Universal Fit
50an6xy06r6n

Pros: Very comfortable, easy-to-use, consumer sound

Cons: Tends towards sibilance, better options for the price

I bought these alongside the UE500, with the intent of keeping the one I liked and returning the other one. Auditioning through a stereo, the S4s were a little less lively and smooth than the UEs, and tended towards some fairly bad sibilance, especially on classical tracks with high violin parts that were almost painful to listen to. I liked the UEs better, and returned these.

Despite the sound quality issues, I have to say they were very comfortable and hassle-free, and the build seemed better than the UEs (which have had cable issues since).

Keep in mind that this was a while back, before I had a lot of audio experience (still don't), and that neither pair was burned in.

Among dynamic iems the S4 are known to have a bit of a burn in period; the highs lose that edge and become just "borderline" sibilant. But if you don't like that v-shaped consumer sound then you aren't going to like them any more after burn-in.
Nice, honest review.
Yeah, I realize that now, though I didn't know that when I had them (over a year ago). And this is more of an impression than a rewiew tbh.