Decent IEMs

A Review On: Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphones

Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphones

Rated # 60 in Universal Fit
skafle

Pros: Bass, comfort, isolation

Cons: poor construction quality, bass-heavy

I got these after I put my UE Super Fi-4s in the wash and I couldn't handle my cx-300iis not fitting quite right anymore.

The newer version has a straight plug, and a decently thick cable, which hasn't tangled, but it is quite bent fro being wrapped up. However, where the cable goes into the housing of the earphone, there is a slightly thicker part that wraps around, which has cracked after 6 months, and it sort of scares me.

They're very comfortable, with oval shaped tips instead of round ones that come with most iems. They also seem a bit large and heavy to me, and sometimes they fall out if my ears are especially sweaty or it's a long listening session, so I wrap them over the top.

The sound is more bass-heavy, although the bass doesn't extend very far, or have a nice tight punch. It's a bit loose, but it's pretty decent for most listening. Mids seem a little recessed, but not too bad. Highs are a bit less recessed with the mids, and although some say they are fatiguing, I listen to them for several hours straight almost every day without a problem. The sound seems to be a more standard consumer oriented sound rather than a hi-fi audiophile oriented sound.

Overall, decent headphone, fun sound signature and quite comfortable.

Comments: