There are better options at this price.

A Review On: Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphones

Klipsch IMAGE S4 In-Ear Enhanced Bass Noise-Isolating Headphones

Rated # 61 in Universal Fit
jamesta

Pros: Bass presence, iPhone compatible mic available.

Cons: Price, overall sound quality, comfort.

At the MSRP of $99 or at the discounted price of $79 there are many better options out there.  I bought these before I did any research, on an impulse at the Apple store.

The bass is appropriately enhanced without being overwhelming.  Decent extension but not very quick or precise.  The mids & treble are lacking refinement, while they are clearer than many earphones, they do not produce enough quality to justify the price of the set.  The treble is very harsh & sibilant, I couldn't listen to these for very long without feeling fatigued.  They aren't specifically comfortable but not especially uncomfortable, like many of it's peers they don't sit flush so they are impossible to sleep in comfortably.  There is no real separation & doesn't appear to be any tuning for soundstage, the sound is where the speakers are, plain & simple.

The mids & treble make this set very overpriced compared to the competition in the $50-100 range.  The sound signature is extremely poor, they aren't sweet or bright in any good sense of the words, harsh & sharp are much better adjectives.  I would avoid these headphones for any price above $50 & might even argue that $50 would be better used saving for a better IEM.

Whilst it's been a long while since I've put these on so I can't comment on SQ. The design and comfort of this pair are harshly judged IMO.
They are well designed, very compact and unobstrusive in shape. The oval tips are without a doubt an improvement on circular silicone tips. As ear canals aren't circular in shape, any circular tip is stretching your canals unequally, whereas I found the S4s to be much more wearable for longer periods. In both of these factors, they are above 3/5 (average) if you ask me.
We'll have to agree to disagree. They are no more comfortable or better designed than any other canalphones that I've seen, they aren't smaller, lighter or more compact than it's direct competitors; & they are not more comfortable either. 3/5 is 'average' & that's just what the design & fit was to me, average.