Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › Klipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Earphones › Reviews › anthonycarbajal's Review

For the price, good. Nothing special.

A Review On: Klipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Earphones

Klipsch Image ONE Premium On-Ear Earphones

anthonycarbajal

Pros: Will satisfy bassheads, restrained highs are forgiving, very durable and good-looking

Cons: Too much bass for me, drowned lower mids, upper mids are pushy

Having gone from the absolutely awful Sony MDR-XB500s directly to these, I was relatively impressed. Only relatively, though. Now that I own Audio-Technica ATH-M50s with non-airtight velour replacement pads and a Fiio E11 without using the bass boost feature, I've come to truly appreciate the somewhat more neutral sound my current setup presents. The Image ONE has plenty of sub, and it extends impressively low. The highest highs, however? Gone. Rolled off the steepest hill imaginable. For most music, that would be okay, due to this forgiving sound signature. But as a listener with variety, I like to hear the crack of a snare drum or a vocalist's throat being cleared before a lyric. The ONE just doesn't deliver in that sense. The mids are not completely absent, just being pushed on by the jacked-up lower frequencies. This combination of extra sub, scooped out mids, extra mid-highs and no highs at all makes these an odd combination that I can't say I love. The durability is surprising, and the $120 price tag is reasonable. Bass = yes. Variety = maybe not.

Comments: