Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Kanen KM-92 Wooden In-Ear  › Reviews › Acreo Aeneas's Review

Good Deep Bass...Little Else

A Review On: Kanen KM-92 Wooden In-Ear

Kanen KM-92 Wooden In-Ear

Rated # 307 in Universal Fit
Acreo Aeneas

Pros: Bass, Price, Real Wood Shells

Cons: Everything Else

I bought these from Focalprice.com for all of $3.51.  A lot of head-fiers here love these for their bass richness and I bought them just to experience the bass.  Man, I have to say, these little suckers, put out some pretty nice bass.  That was pretty surprising.  Unfortunately, everything else sound quality wise is pretty crappy.  They have a hollow sound, mids are recessed, basically not much more than glorified bass cannons.

The included tips make me cringe.  All but the blue ones are basically the same exact size: small.  They are literally the thinest tips I have ever felt.  Even the blue ones are too small to isolate much.  The shells may be real wood, but that's about where the finer side of things end.  Strain reliefs are good, cabling's a bit thin for my tastes.  The open air port in the back of the shells don't help the hollow sound and lead to some rather bad leakage in my opinion.

Besides bass novelty, I rarely reach for these.  I've been meaning to epoxy those air ports, but never did get around to it.  Just don't think it's even worth it.

Comments: