Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import Reviews

JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import Reviews

vapman

Despite all flaws, it gets an honest perfect 5 stars from me. Brutal annihilating bass.

Pros: Can make you go deaf with sub bass alone. Double driver system with 55mm subwoofer driver is implemented well. Price dropping constantly.

Cons: Stock pads are worse than Satan, needs TONS of amp power for sickness-inducing levels of bass, not for those scared of EQ. Slightly veiled.

There are only two reviews of the godly SZ2000. Probably one of, if not the, most misunderstood headphones of the last decade. They sound strange and veiled out of the box, have some of the worst pads I've ever felt, need a ridiculous amount of power and EQ to sound their best. But I still gave it 5 stars and stand by that 100%.   You can drive them from any phone or DAP. They're pretty sensitive given their size and quad-driver setup. However they can deal with being fed way more power than most headphones can handle, and that's why they can and will make you quit before they do. Even if you're a car audio old-head who is used to making other people sick when they stay in your...
MissChristie

Call it Godzilla, because it's king of the bass monsters!

Pros: Hard hitting and good quality bass. Handsome looks. Good enough clarity for Non-EDM/Hip Hop purposes in a pinch.

Cons: Has lots of caveats for ultimate sound. Stock pads are poor. Hardwired cable in this day and age.

I'm a semi-frequent reviewer of headphones on Amazon, and decided to dip my toe into the Head-Fi review waters. Wish me luck! Background: I've been into the headphone hobby for about 2 and a half years. I have limited experience with the highest of the high end, but I have spent a good amount of time playing around in upper Mid-Fi territory. My current stable of cans and devices consists of my Parrot Zik 1.0, Oppo PM3, Hifiman RE-600, Audeze LCD2 and now the JVC HA-SZ2000. I also use my Sennheiser Urbanite XL for television watching and have parted with and provided loving homes to my beloved Koss ProDJ200, Sennheiser Momentum and Hifiman HE-400S. For source and...
Hawaiibadboy

Review: A "Basshead" dream come true

Pros: Bass performance in all manner. (Volume,depth,impact) Price to performance and quality ratio in consumers favor....by far for $200

Cons: Shallow cups. Short cord. Heavy.

You get what you see. Nothing extra.       CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their IEM "FX" Series.     Essentially a 55mm driver dedicated to low frequency . They actually called it a "Subwoofer" (a 30mm driver handles mids and highs)         Full tech explanation here>>>>>>HA-SZ2000   JVC     It's a Double Bass reflex design using the "Kelton Method"       Does this scream audiophile to you so far? It screamed Basshead to me.   Kinda screams...
intlsubband

Party headphones for your bassy needs

Pros: Great bass and club-like atmosphere to the sound. Overall very immersive sound and atmosphere. True party headphones. Very solid build.

Cons: Mids and highs a bit veiled, highs can be grainy. Stock pads not up to scratch, but can be easily replaced.

Here's a mini review for all those who are interested in these headphones but don't listen predominantly/ mostly to hip-hop. This is the first time I'm writing a headphones review, so it might not get as detailed as some of the other ones on this forum, but hopefully it'll give you an idea of the pros and cons of these headphones.   I listen to quite a few different genres, so I thought I'll add my 2c. I got interested in the JVCs because I wanted to add a good bassy headphone to my collection, I have some very good headphones which I thoroughly enjoy, but none of them have that real thumping bass that I want every now and then. I stumbled across this thread, and the...