Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › On-Ear › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) Reviews

JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) Reviews

Lokip000

Fore the price it's good. Definitely not better than Koss PPro or PX100

Its cheap, I got my blue ones for 6 dollars, it sounds good consider, and it is very light weight.  I do not know why some people insist this pair is better than 50-100 dollar headphones, it's really not.  Nothing to write home about.  For their price, they are the best, but this pair can't hold it's own against the bigger boys.   My main complaint is the bass.   It's alright I guess, but half the time the bass sounds extremely ****ty, which is not surprising.  Scrathcy, not defined, basically all overall the place.   Overall it's good.  Good gym pair since it is dirt cheap.
peskypesky

quite good for the price

Pros: cheap, light-weight, portable, good sound

Cons: flimsy, non-robust construction and cord, isolation isn't great

I was looking for a cheap set of closed headphones for use in NYC, walking the streets, riding on the subway, etc. found good reviews of the JVC Flats on various websites and decided, "heck, for $12, why not?". When I received them, I was first surprised by how small they are, and they seemed a bit flimsy. But what can one expect for this price? And in a way, the small size and light construction contribute to them being extremely light-wight and very portable. The sound isolation wasn't as good as I was hoping for, but again, what can you expect from small on-ear headphones. You really need circumaural headphones for that. I also was not overly impressed with the sound...
JK1

Great $10 headphone!

Pros: Very neutral sounding-Almost a mini Sony V6. Better treble than the PX100 & Portapro. Bass more natural than the Portapro. Sturdy construction.

Cons: Thin cord. It would be better if it had velour earpads. The plug is not a right angle one. Isolation is not so good. Headband doesn't fold.

On another forum someone recommended this headphone. Since it was so cheap I thought I would try it. I was so impressed by its neutrality. It reminds me of the Sony V6. It has decent bass, however the bass is in proportion and sounds natural. The midrange and highs also sound natural. Of course it doesn't have all the detail of V6. Imo it is much better sounding than the Portapro and sounds almost as good as the PX100. The bass is better on the PX100, however the HAS160 has better highs.  Those who prefer a  warm sound signature like on the  PX100  would prefer the $34 JVC HA-S650 to this. They may even prefer the HAS650 to the PX100 as I do.    ...