Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › JVC HARX900 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone › JVC HARX900 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone Reviews

JVC HARX900 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone Reviews

LaPierre

JVC HARX900 are a great budget 'phone.

Pros: punchy bass, strong mids, detailed

Cons: mids are a bit distant sounding, highs are recessed (correctable)

I bought this headphone twice, because I like it a lot. They're good for the money, not perfect but definitely great. First, I'll talk about build quality and comfort, then efficiency and sound. (and also a bonus category of how moddable they are)   TL;DR review: 9.5/10 overall. Sound/value easily 10/10. Comfort 9/10. Build quality 8/10. Does not need amp, benefits from one. They're easy to mod for beginner DIYers.   1. Build Quality: 4.5/5   I'd say the build is the only part that shows they're a cheap headphone, don't get me wrong -- they're solidly built but they creak a lot on your head. They aren't prone to scratches or chips, which is probably...
Judge Buff

Good "Stock" but Great Modded

Pros: Open and ethereal soundstage

Cons: Bulky and prone to get sweaty after extended periods

Incredible soundstage is the best thing about these full-size cans. Unmodded, they are merely good. The "Top Pop" mod makes the bass tighten up quite a bit, stopping any "boom." It really makes these come alive. Very 3D.
garypen

Very Good Value

Pros: Clear, defined sound. Build quality. Classy, traditional, full-size styling.

Cons: A tad mid-heavy. A little lacking in the low-end.

These are shockingly good for $56. The build quality is as good as most pairs costing more than twice as much. And, the sound is clear and defined without being harsh or fatiguing. Although, I thought it was a little lacking in the low-end department. (I'm not a basshead. But, I do like deep, tight, defined  bass.) I also like their simple, full-size, non-folding style. Their size and shape make them great for home or office use. But, I doubt if you wanna be carrying these around with you.   Pros: -Clear and defined mids and highs, without the harshness in the upper mids that can often accompany such clarity. -No distortion on the low-end. No fartiness or...