Pros: Stellar and Good Soundstage, Deep and Visceral Bass Reproduction Without Shadowing Mids&Vocals, Bright Sound Signature, Durable.
Cons: Needs Solid Amplifier/DAC , Too bright in some genres
- Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure.Neodymium proves its exellence in low budget. Nothing to argue about.
- Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is really highly dynamic even with usb sound card-amplifier. Asus Xonar u3 and Fiio E17 very satisfied. May compete with above 500 cans with high end amp/Dac.
- Wide head pad for optimum comfort- sometimes it can be hot after 2 hours in summers.I have small ears.generally very comfortable but a bit heavy.
Performance: With amplifier, it ''really'' shines, it responds every tweak you make with eq settings. The soundstage is neutral just slight emphasize to basses, vocals are nearly crystal clear has space between frequencies., mids and trebs are all balanced . Mids are warm and has smooth texture with good timbre. But highs/trebles there abit weaker if compared..I personally not like sharp trebs and the trebs rendering is just what I ask for; clear but not sharp.In some genres trebs are even harsh. Warm rendering makes all genres listening enjoyable. It has much more potential than stated. In amplifier's exiter modes, lows are easily predictable and support bass reproduction viscerally.You can feel MJ jam song's deep visceral basses..(which most cans fail to produce). V shape EQ response is so good. Flat response is also clear and detailed. Personally not use EQ with flacs. Its sound signature is natural balanced with visceral base. Balanced-Visceral Bass response never makes mid&trebs muddy as I stated above cans have bright sound signature with good visceral bass rendering. With even low budget DAC like Asus (also it is p/q monster) and Fiio E17 cans gain considerable resolution and very wide sounstage (expecially force it to exciter modes above 64 Ohm or give gain +12 db if u want)
+Funky heads like me will definitely love it.Listening Jazz, Soul, Blues,R&B and Acid Jazz is a huge joy. Cans show outstanding performance with all kinds of music but they are best at deep-low bass ones with front mids. It provides balanced- easy listening.without fatigue.(I do not like to pass sound level above %60 I like it around % 40 ) You can customize Your listening with your Amp/Dac's potential. Driving them needs juice.
- Trebs are not that crisp&bright as Grados. Personally not like Grados harsh trebs response. JVC's are all OK.
- Cans can be hot but not that much apart from summer. They are not comfortable as Sennheiser HD 518 (Which has similar performance with dark soundstage.)
Price/Quality ratio is oustanding. Can not be matched. You can't get higher quality unless pay 500 bucks to hear %2-3 difference at most which is totaly snobbish for me. (even if you have budget)