Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › JVC HAFX34V Marshmallow Headphones › JVC HAFX34V Marshmallow Headphones Reviews

JVC HAFX34V Marshmallow Headphones Reviews

wje

They are what they are - Available from most retailers for $19.00 or so

Pros: Economical cost, easy to purchase

Cons: I've realized I'm not a big fan of the "marshmallow" pads and prefer silicone a bit better

I purchased these headphones (ear buds) on my way into work yesterday after desiring something that works - and, hopefully a bit better than my Skull Candy Ink'd ear buds (which have one dead channel) and better than my Sennheiser in-ear ear buds that, for some reason, are no longer producing a nice level of bass - mainly a lot of higher frequency screeching.   After fighting with the JVC packaging on these phones for a few minutes to carefully open them in the event of a desire to return them, I was able to get them out of the package.  The buds were pre-fitted with smaller ear pads and the mediums were still in the container for use, if desired.  I realized...
GGXtreme

JVC Marshmallow Review

Pros: Cheap, decent sound for the price and a noticeable improvement over Apple Stock earbuds

Cons: Sound is very laid back, almost lethargic, not the best-fitting IEM's I've tried

First Impressions: I actually picked these up for my youngest sister, who couldn't stand the fit and sound of the Apple iPod Stock Earbuds. I was looking for value more than sound quality, and out of the box these seemed to deliver that. Sound Quality: There's nothing particularly special here, but nothing too off-putting either. I found the overall sound signature to be dull--almost lethargic in quality, similar to the Bose IEM's but lacking the huge midbass hump and with slightly more forward highs and more recessed mids. I haven't listened to them very recently, but I don't remember anything particularly mentionable about the soundstage and imaging. With some equalization, I was able...
Sylafari

Good Comfortable Fit for Cheap

Pros: Easy Fit, Comfortable, Cheap, Sturdy

Cons: Relatively Short Cable, Casting

The JVC Marshmallows are in my opinion, a great low budget IEM. They are very user-friendly and the marshmallow tips are very comfortable in ear to the point where you can almost forget that they are even their. The sound is better than the standard earbuds you get with an iPod. The bass is pretty strong and the sound is decent for the price. The build quality on these IEMs are quite sturdy although the casting as bad with visible seamlines, the cable is quite good with little to no memory and microphonics are pretty low. They also come with 2 spare marshmallow tips. Isolation is pretty good (I use them in the bus and they isolate quite a good amound of chatter).   In all I think...