Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › JVC HA-FXZ200 › JVC HA-FXZ200 Reviews

JVC HA-FXZ200 Reviews

Night Crawler

Preliminary FXZ200 Impressions

Pros: Alas! A basshead's IEM, brought justice!

Cons: Yet another Frankenstein-esque design, which I can live with, but can't say I prefer to.

Disclaimer #1: In my experience, I've come to discover that the term basshead is tossed around very loosely, and (more often than not) carries a negative connotation, when that need not be the case. Where I'm concerned, such terms must be put into context. As I've used it here, the term basshead merely implies a listener who admires (and/or maybe even prefers) a moderate to heavy bass lift. That, of course, says absolutely nothing about the quality of bass, as some of us are far more concerned with quality than others. I believe it's no mystery then, when I've made it clear that the FXZ200 is, in my honest opinion, a basshead's IEM done right!   Disclaimer #2: While this is hardly a...
TheoS53

Fantastic IEM

Pros: Great fit (with sony hybrid tips)..Rich, deep bass...excellent clarity across the board

Cons: A bit big

I absolutely love these. They sound phenomenal. I recently got the m40x, and was a little scared that it might make me frown at the JVCs....but I'm happy to say that the m40x for home use, and the JVCs for travel is an awesome pairing. Bass is deeper with the buds, but the clarity that I enjoy with the m40x is definitely present and I enjoy both equally for the intended purposes.    One thing to note, the deep bass and comfy fit really becomes evident when I swapped the stock tips for the Sony hybrids.
dnun8086

JVC FXZ-200

Pros: Great Bass, Soundstage, Cable

Cons: Ergonomics, Size, Slightly Source Dependent

Let gets started a little background i have tried over 20 dedicated bass head iem's ranging from the well know Future Sonic Atrios to the lesser priced Skull candy 50/50. I know hardly should be able to compare the two but everyone's journey starts somewhere. Anyway it has to be said these are the best bass heavy iem i have heard to date hopefully this review will shed some light on why so lets get in to it.    For arguments sake we will start with my main gripes to get them out of the way:   COMFORT: These have to be one of the most uncomfortable earphones without the correct tips, in fact i was about to dispose of them had it of not been for some...