Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › JVC HA-FXT90 › Reviews › JoeDoe's Review

Great Addition to the Portable Setup

A Review On: JVC HA-FXT90

JVC HA-FXT90

Rated # 26 in Universal Fit
JoeDoe

Pros: Fun signature, value, design, style

Cons: Microphonics, fit

The 90s have taken a while to grow on me. I found a deal for the L2s (champagne accents and cable) on AMZ Warehouse and pulled the trigger after becoming interested in JVC's dual-driver design.

Out of the package I was less than impressed. Granted I was coming from the GR07s, I still wasn't exactly thrilled with the sounds these produced both unamped and through my cMoy. They were the most microphonic thing I've ever used and other than a solid bass presence and surprisingly detailed highs (but not particularly extensive), they weren't anything to write home about.

So I let em burn. (in)

Whether burn-in is a psychological or physical phenomenon is up to you but I have noticed enough of a difference to overturn my initial impressions completely. I hear a little more bass extension, especially on the upright Bill Evans Trio, the trebs and mids seem to be clearer, and well, the microphonics aren't going to be cured by burn-in but wearing them over ear is actually quite easy and microphonic-free.

These guys regularly compete with the GR07s for iPod play time and they are a wonderful complement to the more analytical sound of the VSonics.

If you want a unique set of IEMs that won't break the bank I would strongly suggest you look at the FXT90s.

Comments: