Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › JVC HA-FX101 › JVC HA-FX101 Reviews

JVC HA-FX101 Reviews

Positive Reviews

bonami2

not sure

Pros: Sound good and good bass

Cons: ear piercing brand new need alot of burn in time run them at full blast for 48 hour +

They sound nice and have lot of bass..   the wire is cheap but did not break for now but for intensive use im sure it will....       The treble is killing my ear seriously i may have got a bad one or something but  i listen loud and these get worse treble the louder you play them... sometime i want to throw them aways it hurt...     I try to run them at full blast for some day to see if they will be better...               (EDIT THEY SOUND BETTER NOW!!! )

Negative Reviews

adevriesc

Going Back to Budget Bass

Pros: Fairly clean bass, break in time repairs some sound hiccups, low price.

Cons: Tinny treble, cord feels cheap, mids recessed.

When I received these earbuds I was not expecting much. I read reviews on the FX1X and FX3X, and both were laced with caveats. The few posts I found on the 101s said (more or less) that they were the least riddled with problems from the XX product line. In the end, I purchased them on a whim to have a pair of "fun" IEMs. First Impressions: The packaging is a royal pain to open. It's nigh upon bulletproof. The cable feels cheap, but has acceptable levels of microphonics. BE WARNED. The headphones themselves sound like crap out of the box. The treble is tinny and uncomfortably loud; the bass lacks extension/clarity. I immediately started them on a break in period of 12 hours at a volume...

More Reviews

ryanwee9889

Good pair of in ear headphones for the price

Pros: Good bass, very comfortable and lightweight.

Cons: Requires a good burn in, poor build quality.

The bass is very good for the price and the driver size. The sound however, could be improved further by equalization. The highs are suprisingly good but these headphones are lacking a bit of the mids. These headphones are very lightweight and comfortable, allowing up to long hours of use. However, I can still remember the time I took these headphones out of the box, they sounded awful. Literally awful. The bass sounded distorted, the mids are non existent and the highs sounded so bad that my ears hurt. I decided to give them a burn in for around 24 hours and oh my god the sound changed so much. The bass sounded much clearer and punchy, I can finally hear some mids and the treble doesn't...
topgear

A word of Caution

Pros: Extremely good for the price, great for amateur bassheads, look better than average

Cons: Build Quality

I had the FX101s for a short period of time and I was really enjoying them. That was until something went wrong in the left earbud. Most say its a cable connection fault. No matter what, build quality is a cause for concern in these, especially the cable. The plastic body although makes them light, also makes them more susceptible to damage. Since they were gone I got the JVC FX1X instead. A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. Much more refined sound, even punchier bass and way better build. If planning to get the 101s please do consider the 1Xs as well. But if you are new to earphones, the 101s remain my recommendation.
BBBS

Hard to position

Pros: Ok bass

Cons: Unexceptional

I found that I had to constantly adjust these to get a consistent sound, and doing so stopped me getting into the music. Because of this I sold them quickly. They sound similar to Etymotic ER6i, with perhaps better bass. I'm not sure if they distorted treble slightly.   Basically, unless you get them dirt cheap or love the looks, there's real earphones to be bought instead.
Rocko1

Wow

Pros: Punchy Bass, decent mids, sparking highs, balanced basshead sound

Cons: Cord seems a bit low quality.

Wow. What a value these are. Amazing clean punchy deep bass, great mids and sparkling highs(hot almost) all for $14. Without any eq the bass is just darn powerful. Not muddy, but deep, punchy and plenty of it. Turn on the bass booster and insanity happens. Overall bets basshead budget earphones I have heard. Can't go wrong. Love the slim 3.5mm jack also.
biggbenn74

SO MUCH BASS

Pros: Excellent bass, audio quality is surprisingly very good, best bang for your buck.

Cons: Very thin cable, cable catches movement noises, no EQ means some piercing highs.

I purchased these headphones because some other Head-Fi-ers recommended them to me. And the community is now 2 for 2 in recommendations for me! These are some pretty serious little earbuds. They pack quite a hefty punch, especially for the price, just 17 bucks! I have owned several full size, bass heavy headphones, and these can stand up with the best of them. Honestly, they sound just as good as my Numark Red Waves, both in sound quality and bass. However, if you want these to truly come alive, you will need a good equalizer. For the iPod Touch/ iPhone, use Dance or Bass Booster. My ASUS equalizer has made these things sound the best so far. Also, like most in ears, the cables catch...