Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › JVC HA-FX101 › JVC HA-FX101 Reviews

JVC HA-FX101 Reviews

adevriesc

Budget Bass

Pros: Fairly clean bass, break in time repairs sound hiccups, low price.

Cons: Sparkly treble, cord feels cheap, mids slightly recessed.

When I received these earbuds I was not expecting much. I read reviews on the FX1X and FX3X, and both were laced with caveats. The few posts I found on the 101s said (more or less) that they were the least riddled with problems from the XX product line. In the end, I purchased them on a whim to have a pair of "fun" iems. First Impressions: The packaging is a royal pain to open. It's nigh upon bulletproof. The cable feels cheap, but has acceptable levels of microphonics. BE WARNED. The headphones themselves sound like crap out of the box. The treble is tinny and uncomfortably loud; the bass lacks extension/clarity. I immediately started them on a break in period of 12 hours at a volume...
BBBS

Hard to position

Pros: Ok bass

Cons: Unexceptional

I found that I had to constantly adjust these to get a consistent sound, and doing so stopped me getting into the music. Because of this I sold them quickly. They sound similar to Etymotic ER6i, with perhaps better bass. I'm not sure if they distorted treble slightly.   Basically, unless you get them dirt cheap or love the looks, there's real earphones to be bought instead.
Rocko1

Wow

Pros: Punchy Bass, decent mids, sparking highs, balanced basshead sound

Cons: Cord seems a bit low quality.

Wow. What a value these are. Amazing clean punchy deep bass, great mids and sparkling highs(hot almost) all for $14. Without any eq the bass is just darn powerful. Not muddy, but deep, punchy and plenty of it. Turn on the bass booster and insanity happens. Overall bets basshead budget earphones I have heard. Can't go wrong. Love the slim 3.5mm jack also.
biggbenn74

SO MUCH BASS

Pros: Excellent bass, audio quality is surprisingly very good, best bang for your buck.

Cons: Very thin cable, cable catches movement noises, no EQ means some piercing highs.

I purchased these headphones because some other Head-Fi-ers recommended them to me. And the community is now 2 for 2 in recommendations for me! These are some pretty serious little earbuds. They pack quite a hefty punch, especially for the price, just 17 bucks! I have owned several full size, bass heavy headphones, and these can stand up with the best of them. Honestly, they sound just as good as my Numark Red Waves, both in sound quality and bass. However, if you want these to truly come alive, you will need a good equalizer. For the iPod Touch/ iPhone, use Dance or Bass Booster. My ASUS equalizer has made these things sound the best so far. Also, like most in ears, the cables catch...