Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones Reviews

JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones Reviews

Positive Reviews

audiophilefan

JVC HA-RX700 - a legend in its own right

Pros: Superb sound quality, great comfort, great price

Cons: Some creaking noise, not for portable use, needs long burn-in for best sound

First and foremost, this is not an expert review. You may call it amateur if you please. But it's more of an owner appreciating his gear and sharing his thoughts and opinions about it.   After reading multiple reviews, mostly here in head-fi, I've decided to purchase the JVC HA-RX700. It struck me as a hidden gem since it has been compared multiple times to headphones several times more expensive. I bought it for $30+ in B&H and had it shipped here in the Philippines. We don't have that model here so it's safe to say that I was not able to test it before buying. Aside from reviews, my other basis for buying is I always loved the JVC sound. We had a component system before and...

Negative Reviews

neratoblogo

Muddy and no details. There are better choices for the same price.

Pros: Cable on single side. Nice build quality. Good noice isolation.

Cons: Mids muddy, lacking lower highs. Heavy.

My  Panasonic RP-HTF600E has broken and i wanted to replace them.   After reading numerous reviews about these JVC RX700, i decided to give a try. And... i was very dissapointed. Sound is muddy, because of lacking upper middles. Sound details are lost in bass...  They can't stand close to panasonics HTF600 in detail and bass controling.   Things didn't get better even after 60 hours burnout.   Cannot listen music with them now - decided to "glue and tape" old Panasonic cans.   Only good thing these JVC cans have - good outside noise isolation.