Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Custom › JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitors › Reviews › chengsta's Review

Not bad at all

A Review On: JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitors

JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitors

Rated # 5 in Custom
chengsta
Posted · Updated · 8121 Views · 0 Comments

Pros: Very accurate and revealing, insane bass ability

Cons: will amplify any bad sources to the point of insanity

Perfect fit first try, using a closed mouth ear impression.  Funny thing is that this thing hits my ear bones.  For some reason, my ear canal is not soft tissue, it's hard bone.  I can't even wiggle it, it stays in place, and I may even break it with my ear canal if i press hard against it.  If it were any bigger or smaller, it would not of fit.  The wierd thing is that the seal stays even when I talk, or make facial contortions.

Anyway, when I first got them, I tried to listen to them, too warm.  Oh gosh the music is just insanely warm.  I switched out to silver cables, and it got a bit brighter, a bit more tolerable but still noticeably warm.  I plugged it into a friends sansa clip and wow, warmpth almost totally went away, music sounded insanely good compared to what I got.  So its either my music tracks all 320k mp3 converted to ipod aac is really poor quality, or my JDS labs c5 amp is really warm, or my ipod nano isn't all that great, or all of the above!  triportsad.gif

One thing is for sure though, without a good source, the JH16's will sound horrible.  It exposes all the midbass tenfold in a bad recording, if you give it bass boost.

Edit:  Okay, I just bought myself a cheap sansa clip zip, and rockboxed it.  Turned down the 250 hz -3db (and turned up 30hz and 100 hz + 6db, then overall bass +5db)  and everything became perfect!  The cleanest most detailed sound I've ever heard came out of that tiny little cheap device!  --as well as the jh16's. It was my ipod nano and amp that was coloring the tracks big time. The clip zip  just made my 'high end' portable gear totally worthless, but this review is not about the clip zip so I'll end it there.

Comments: