Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEM › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEM Reviews

Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Universal IEM Reviews

Danz03

The perfect reference IEM

Pros: The full frequency range is there, with nothing missing, according to my ears

Cons: Bulkiness (but then there are 12 BA drivers per side), Cost (but then if they are the best)

I have to say, when I first saw them, 12 bands per driver! Isn't that a bit over the top? But after listening to a demoed pair for just 5 mins with my iPod, I bought a pair, they are really that good! I got the AKR03 version though, not sure if they are the same as the JH Audio version.
ag8908

Jaw droppingly good for an IEM, better than the SE846 and IE800

Pros: Everything (for an IEM)

Cons: Nothing yet (for an IEM), except the price

So when I got my HD800, they were so good from the first hour with every song and genre, when compared to other top tier flagship headphones, that I wrote a quick review to give them a no brainer five stars and then filled that review in slowly. Same deal here. These are getting close to the resolution, spatials and sound quality of a good full sized headphone. Not quite there yet -- for example, they're not as detailed, e.g., as my HD800 driven by a Burson Conductor ES9018, and they're similarly noticeably deficient in other respects when compared to a proper full sized -- but they're better than other high end IEMs in this respect, such as the Shure SE846 and IE800. I'll add more to...
GL1TCH3D

JH Roxanne Universals - My impressions

Pros: Adjustable Bass, Good balance, "Spacious" for an IEM

Cons: Poor quality control, Very large earpieces

At the moment, I have the original pair of roxannes with the left (what I noted as defective) earpiece replaced. Upon reopening them and listening, I heard very obvious channel imbalance. With the left earpiece being stronger, more clear and with a bit better balance. The right earpiece is from an original early set. The following review is based mostly on the original pair I owned which may not be representative of the quality of the product you would be receiving now. EDIT: Why did I give this 1/2 a star? Simply because the experience with these has been absolutely awful. I found out after talking to a few audiophiles about my pair that the left earpiece may be broken in some way....