Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › JDS Labs O2+ODAC › JDS Labs O2+ODAC Reviews

JDS Labs O2+ODAC Reviews

peter123

A classic from JDS Labs Rev B

Pros: Sound quality, build quality, customizable, fantastic amp section

Cons: Dosen't support the highest bitrates, amp section stronger than the DAC section

This is a review of the JDS Ojective2+ODAC Rev B amplifier and DAC combination.  The JDS Ojective2+ODAC Rev B (O2/ODAC) was sent to me for free by JDS Labs for the purpose of doing this review and including it in my recently started $250+ amp/DAC comparison thread. A big THANK YOU to JDS Labs and Jude for letting me check it out. The JDS O2/ODAC is available from the JDS Labs homepage and the price at the time of this review was $279 in the default configuration (more about customized options and prices later). https://www.jdslabs.com/products/48/objective2-odac-combo-revb/ I’m not in any way affiliated with JDS Labs. Short introduction to JDS Labs:JDS Labs makes high quality DAC’s,...
TheGame21x

Probably the best all around Amp and DAC set you can get for less than $1000

Pros: Transparent, Powerful, Compact, Audibly Silent, Reference Grade Performance

Cons: Aesthetically challenged in some respects, No RCA in or out,

The JDS Labs O2 + ODAC combo (and just about every other version) is built into a simple metal enclosure (mine is black) and all of the inputs and outputs, save for the USB input are located on the front of the device. Aesthetically, I don’t love that design decision but I understand it’s one that was likely made due to the O2 being designed originally as a portable (sort of) amplifier, not a dedicated desktop amp.   So the aesthetics aren’t that great but functionally; I don’t take issue with it. In fact, I’m more than pleased with its performance. Besides, I’m not buying audio equipment based on aesthetics; I’m buying it based on performance. And oh boy can the O2...
YoYo JoKeR

JDS Labs O2/ODAC: The Old Horse

Pros: Small, Transparent, Open Source, DIY Capable

Cons: Outdated

Intro:  JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they produced the popular cmoy-BB amp & later on, their Objective2 which was a game-changing amplifier. JDS Labs also have their own products: C5/D Portable amplifier/DAC, Element desktop Amp/Dac along with their Cmoy BB amp. My profound thanks to Mr.John for arranging a sample unit for my evaluation.   JDS Labs O2 was my first ever headphone amplifier in early days of my Head-Fi days. Enjoyed it a lot, had a wonderful time with it. O2 holds a special place in my ears.  ...