Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Portable Amps › JDS Labs C5 Headphone Amplifier › Reviews › youngarthur's Review

JDS Labs C5 Headphone AMP

A Review On: JDS Labs C5 Headphone Amplifier

JDS Labs C5 Headphone Amplifier

Rated # 7 in Portable Amps
Quality
youngarthur

Pros: Excellent build Quality.Digital volume makes for excellent balance at low volume. Drives my Westone 4R and Sennheiser HD 800

Cons: Non as yet

I have had several Headphone Amps over the years.This one is the best so far. At the moment,the C5 is used with an Ipod and Iphone and also tried with my home (large!.) Headphone set up..I have used this Amp,with and without Eq. It paints a very detailed picture,and only add  a not too forward,but just about right presentation. It gives a fairly wide soundstage,and does not seem to colour the sound at all.The volume Control has many steps,meaning that you can always get the level you require. The Bass boost adds volume,but not at the cost of Clarity. I do not think anyone would be disappointed with the C5.It seems to get better the longer I use it. These comments apply to me,and the way I am hearing it.

Comments: