Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Portable Amps › JDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifier › JDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifier Reviews

JDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifier Reviews

Redcarmoose

An Amazing Little Amplifier

Pros: Does Everything You Could Almost Ask

Cons: None

JDS Labs c421 Headphone Amplifier (OPA2227 chip choice) I was never intending to write a review on the c421. In the fast moving, ever changing, expensive and high-risk land of portable audio amplifiers the c421 is ancient. Weighting in at 113 grams, and coming from year 2012, this little guy could easily get swept under the carpet and forgotten about for all of time. In terms of technology, 2012 is prehistoric and this little amp could almost be thought of as vintage with today's ideas of DAC amp combos and choices. Still I never sell anything. I believe my ideas on sound-quality are not absolute. New equipment is always being made to interface with my gear, and new music comes out...
Mkvy

Jds labs c421 op2227

Pros: Compact, slick appearance , great sound quality

Cons: Quoted 14 hrs battery, sometimes less

Amazing sounding amp, easy to charge with a mini USB, bass boost works really well without muddying the sound, low/high gain switch. Sounds better than any other amp I have tried, ie Fred Fred cmoy and fiio e7