Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Jays a jays three › Reviews › Reomero's Review

So-so entry level IEM

A Review On: Jays a jays three

Jays a jays three

Rated # 254 in Universal Fit
Reomero

Pros: Consumer-friendly sound, aesthetics, accessories

Cons: Comfort, microphonics, sibilance

I bought these Jays while looking for a good entry-level IEM to upgrade from the ibuds.

These IEMs, to my ears, sounded V-shaped. Elevated bass with aggressive treble.

I could not stand listening to some tracks with these on because of the sibilance.

The flat cable is very worrying for me, especially how it is terminated. The plug just seems like it is just waiting to fail because it just looks, and feels, very cheap and fragile.

Microphonics is another major issue. There is a lot of microphonics, and trying to wear these over-the-ear to try and solve the problem isn't viable, as I couldn't even do it. The cables just wanted to straighten out and the IEMs kept popping out.

For $60 USD I really wouldn't suggest these, as now there are much better choices out there in the market. The only reason which would make me suggest these is if that person who wants to wear eye-candy.

But as an upgrade from the ibuds, I can't see anything wrong about that. smile.gif

Comments: