Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › Jays a jays three › Jays a jays three Reviews

Jays a jays three Reviews

JamesTrab

Good looking in-ear with a flawed sound

Pros: Aestethics, nice flat cable, durable, package.

Cons: Sibilance and harshness, recessed mids, cable noises.

The box is really nice, inside you can find a circular small case for the eraphones (actually not that handly), airplane adapter and a splitter. The earphones looks good and sober. I think they are well built too, 2 years on the go without any sign of backdown. They are easy to insert, but not totally comfortable nor microphonic-free. The soundstage is ok. Basses are punchy but not really deep nor textured. Mids are behind. Highs are quite disappointing, way too harsh and penetrating.
canonlp

a-Jays Three may look nice, but don't sound pretty!

Pros: Tangle Free Cable, Nice accessories

Cons: Cable has excess noise

These are considered entry level IEM's. So I had them for over a month now to let their sound signature burn in. From what I've noticed, these IEM's are geared more towards the high's. The bass is lacking and often times drowned out by the excess high's. The biggest concern (is also the selling point) is the flat tangle-free cable. My biggest concern with them is the white noise it generates. The surface area really has a toll on the amount of white noise. Also when shuffling around, a simple contact with the cable will generate noise. It is extremely annoying (at least for me) to wear outside while walking. I would not recommend these headphones as there are plenty of competitors that...
Reomero

So-so entry level IEM

Pros: Consumer-friendly sound, aesthetics, accessories

Cons: Comfort, microphonics, sibilance

I bought these Jays while looking for a good entry-level IEM to upgrade from the ibuds.   These IEMs, to my ears, sounded V-shaped. Elevated bass with aggressive treble. I could not stand listening to some tracks with these on because of the sibilance. The flat cable is very worrying for me, especially how it is terminated. The plug just seems like it is just waiting to fail because it just looks, and feels, very cheap and fragile. Microphonics is another major issue. There is a lot of microphonics, and trying to wear these over-the-ear to try and solve the problem isn't viable, as I couldn't even do it. The cables just wanted to straighten out and the IEMs kept popping...