Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Computer Audio › iFi iUSB Power › iFi iUSB Power Reviews

iFi iUSB Power Reviews

mrinspire

iFi Audio iUSB : Clean Power Clean Sound

iFi iUSB reached Earmass! I have received this review unit of iFi iUSB from Vince few weeks back, and I used it extensively with my rigs. It is indeed a sin for me to enjoy the iUSB so much but delayed the review for so long, in fact, I intentionally delayed this review because lately I have bunch of DAC and Amp arrive at Earmass, so I think this is a good chance for me to truly test the iUSB, after some extensive use, I can say I am positive with what iUSB have achieved in sound. Why you need a ‘regulator’ for USB? From Left, a Power supply input Jack and, ISOEarth toggle switch and USB input. iUSB is selling for 199USD and...
Holeff

Great opportunity to audibly improve sounds

Pros: Great audible result, especially for the money.

Cons: None what-so-ever

I power it from Van der Graaf from M2Tech, use it together with iFis dual USB cable and iFis purifier, which then plugged in to M2Tech Young DSD. Might be an overkill, but for the price that this setup gives its very good value.   Tested my setup without the iUSB, and indeed could hear the result, very interesting product.   Our PCs/Macs are very dirty in power outputs, due to fans etc etc. This this is very good in eliminating those. Total recommend.
Shini44

A must for any Dac!!

Pros: Huge leap when it comes to smoother and cleaner sound

Cons: nothing what so ever!!! price? nah it was worth it 100%

My setup before:           My setup used to be Magic Tube D1 and HD650 which is a really good high end set up <3.   The only problem was that the HD650 have open dynamic drivers! This is almost like speakers so this was the deal breaker for me, the sound can be heard outside of my room etc...     pre iUSB setup:             DacPort LX ---> Uha.6S.MKII ---> UM Miracle   There was something missing and i thought that it is the cables, I tried the Toxic Cable's Copper and even went even to buy the 700$ tralucentaudio's latest cable with the OCC silver +1% gold which...