Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › iBeats Headphones with ControlTalk From Monster® - In-Ear Noise Isolation - Black

Rated #133 in Universal Fit

Pros: Almost flat EQ with a kick in the low end, well defind low end.

Cons: Fit issues for some ( not me ), cable can tangle, no right angle jack.

Ahh Beats by Dre, the love em, hate em headphones. Well for these little guys its a love em kind of relationship for me the cheapest of the beats range yet they still manage to pack more punch then most, they have the classic beats sound but it seems to be much more refined from something like the Solo HD's, the bass is tighter and goes deeper, the mids are clear, not crystal but more like the glass on the front window of a car, some will look and find it muddy while others look and see a freshly clean car window. The highs are there but sometimes to forward and can get fatiguing.

Overall build quality is as to be expected, Its good but not perfect, the buds themselves are incases in a full metal housing and some rubber finishings with the standard assortments of ear tips to match, the cable is thin yet stronger then it should be for the price, compared to Monstercables own flagship the Monster Turbines the Ibeats has a better cable, its slightly thinker from the yoke to the jack which helps to reduce tangle, while the other end from the yoke to the buds is still thin and can tangle and sometimes bend which I suspect might cause damage over time, the yoke is plastic but its well made and its light it also has a cable management slider which works well and helps to reduce the weight of the cable hanging around your neck. The jack is a well make mostly metal straight jack with some strain relief on the end to assist the cable and give it some flex.

Time to Wrap this review up, Ibeats by Dre are a decent pair of earbuds, well worth the small price tag for a Beats produce and a good choice for first time upgrading from any iphone buds or other cheap buds that's you think might do. These guys will last you along time if you take care of them, they might have some flaws like fitment issues and cable strength but both can be dealt with.

I rate this product a 8/10 and would recommend to a friend or buy as a gift.

Pros: Bass! Good amount (i am a basshead what i consider bassy may vary) Thats about it.....i guess you can toss cosmetics in too

Cons: Mids,Highs,Fit (terrible for this reason)

When i bought my HTC Sensation XE( Rezound if you live in america) they came with a repackaged Ibeats they look amazing and have controls for andriod. They have bass (and a good amount) but like all of the beats product(except the Pros) the mids are recessed and the highs are sharp. With a treble booster i found that music sounds so much better, Mids are drowned (ever so slightly but not completly). Fit:if you dont get a good fit they will sound like 2$ ear buds so figet around)

Review

Sound: 7(if you like bass) 4(if you're looking for clarity god help you wrong brand)

Asthetics:10 (as with beats they always win in this department)

Durability:8 (The drivers are housed in metal)

Price:(cant really rate this as it came with my phone)

Summary:These are nice looking IEMs but like the saying don't judge a book by its cover and that's very true here. These are great if you pay in the 50-60usd(most i would pay) range,They are great looking but are not ment for Audiophiles they are ment for the "new age" of music like pop,rap,hip hop.would i reccomend them? maybe if you listen to bassy songs yes if no i would point you to Etymotic.

Pros: Looks, Colors, Stylish

Cons: Price, Value, Sound, and Durability

Pretty much what others have said.

Pros: Strong Bass, fantastic design, came with a decent amount of accessories.

Cons: Too much bass that ruins the rest of the music, steep price tag

When I first saw these I thought to myself, wow! They just looked fantastic and I had to own a pair.

I got them 40% cheaper because of my profession, and when I first tried them on, it was like a bomb had set off in my ears. It was definitely not worth the price even with 40% discount.

The bass pretty much drowns out everything, and the treble had so much noise in them. It was not refined, not clear and a straight out disappointment.

For a much cheaper price you can get yourself a pair of sennheiser cx300, sony mdr-ex300 or some skull candies. All of which have better sound quality for a much cheaper price tag.

Pros: Powerfull bass.

Cons: The bass is to strong for the ibeats, you get more bass than the song self.

If you listen to Classic/Rock/Slow music this is nothing for you, Electro/hiphop/house/trance/EDM/Hardstyle/Dubstep lovers this is a nice buy for you. Powerfull bass. And decent sound.

Pros: Loads of bass, winning sound signature, supurb at low volumes

Cons: Loads of bass, winning sound tires over time, lacks mid-range

I was on the road last week and wanted a mid to low priced headphones for working out and quick listening.  I own many in-ear headphones now, and after reading review after review how Beats by Dr. Dre where over-priced hyped headphones, I thought I'd check them out for myself.

What I was expecting was a muddy pair of headphones with tons and tons of bass suited for hip-hop.  And that's what they are, sort of.

Beats have so much bass it blows your mind out of the box.  I tend to shy away from bass heavy headphones, so these were a bit of a treat for my ears.  They THUMP.  Forget about nuance, you won't find it here.  My main headphones are Ultimate Ears IERM's.  And they handle bass in a realistic and natural way-- the bass supports the music without dominating the music.  So hearing this much bass is a system shocker.

But what the iBeats get right is the don't obliterate the high frequencies at the expense of all this bass.  If you took a graphic equalizer and created a massive V with the settings, this is what you get with these.

What does suffer are the mids.  They get buried in the mix.

The headphones give a 70's FM hi-fi sound.  They're clean, quiet, tons of bass, decent upper frequency response (though not as pronounced as the bass), and muted mids.

Soundstage is decent, but not wide.  Open ear headphone people won't be jumping for joy.  They bring a decidedly closed sound.  "Natural" isn't in this headphone's vocabulary, they sound processed.

But that processed sound has a distinct advantage-- low level listening.  It's like the loudness button is built in.  They shine at low volumes, and are worth it for this "feature".  Late at night, some cool jazz-- these will hook you up.

They are comfortable, though a bit heavy.  I don't think I'll be pawing at them, they fit similar to the old Shure EC4's extending in and supported by the rubber earpiece entirely.

Looks wise, they're kinda trendy, as you might expect, but they really need to give a bit more cable length.  Great for working out with an iPod or iPhone (they have a mic and control button built in).  The cable won't get in the way.

So don't dismiss the iBeats, they have a purpose, and they're definitely NOT junk.  Is there better sound available for the money?  Sure.  But they are enjoyable in the right environment.  Pull out your Steely Dan FLAC files and give them a spin at a quiet volume.  It's a nice experience.

UPDATE: A few months in and I have really grown to like the Beats Tour.  I mentioned they fit similar to my old Shure E4c's.  This is a good thing.  This means they're unobtrusive with fancy over ear clips or wires the drag over my ears and annoy me.

The sound has seemingly mellowed a bit with break in.  Another good thing.  I find these an enjoyable backup to my UERMs.  When my ears need a break-- they're fantastic.  I also enjoy the cable.  The short run means they work well with an iPod or iPhone.

Another great use is movie watching.  The extended bass is terrific for a Batman or other action movie.

Needless to say I'm in "like" with these earbuds, and I would again give them a hearty recommendation.

They're kinda snazzy, too.  And the volume rocker/microphone works well.

One final final note.  Beware when purchasing that you buy from a reputable dealer.  There are fake versions on the market (especially eBay) that look nearly identical to the real version-- right down to the box and packaging-- but they sound absolutely dreadful.

Pros: Sound quality is not bad

Cons: very very very poorly made

They Break .... Very easily

Pros: Good Bass, decent mids and highs

Cons: Way heavy, I am on my 2nd pair

I am on my 2nd pair of these, my first pair stopped working after 2 weeks of using them and I took very good care of them then the left ear went out and stopped working. These do however sound excellent for hip-hop I actually prefer to listen to hip-hop with them over my klipsch x10i's which are 350$ ear buds that are by far better with any other type of music.

These IEM's have a lot of bass and are very loud, I would say they were worth 100$ for me but there might be others who do not agree, I will come back and change the rating if this 2nd pair does go out..

The iPod, iPhone and iPad let you take your music and media with you in the most convenient, intuitive way ever designed, and iBeats are the perfect complement. Using advanced Monster technology, the delivering full-range HD sound in a simple yet stylish look, with state-of-the-art construction that assures they will last. With iBeats, experience everything you’ve been missing - hearing it all in style. Specially Designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Advanced engineering reproduces high resolution sound from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod for a listening experience other buds are unequipped to deliver. Solid Metal Housing for the Purest Sound Possible Precision-machined single-billet metal housing prevents vibrations and unwelcome sonic artifacts from tainting your listening experience. Built-in Mic for Hands-Free Calls and Online Chats ControlTalk's built-in mic lets you talk hands-free on your iPhone or music phone. It even works with online voice or video chats on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. Control iPhone and iPod the Easy Way ControlTalk gives you on-cable playback control of your iPad, iPhone or iPod, including pause, next track and volume. Noise Isolation Sealed in-ear construction and multiple eartip designs block out external noise so you hear more of the fine details in your music and less outside noise. Custom Fit Everyone's ear canals are different, so we give you multiple sizes to experiment with. Find the fit that's most comfortable, noise-isolating, and secure for you.

BindingElectronics
BrandMonster
ColorBlack
EAN0050644587771
FeatureMonster ControlTalk for use with iPad, iPhone, and iPod.
Height4 inches
Product GroupCE
Product Type NameHEADPHONES
PublisherMonster Cable
StudioMonster Cable
TitleiBeats Headphones with ControlTalk From Monster® - In-Ear Noise Isolation - Black
UPC050644587771