HRT Music Streamer II (older one)

A Review On: HRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Converter

HRT Music Streamer II High Resolution USB D/A Converter

Rated # 21 in DACs
Quality
Royajm
Posted · 3448 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Sound quality, size, plug and play

Cons: Unbalanced rca outputs

[This review is based on the older triangular-shaped version of the Hrt Music Streamer II (shown in the picture)]

The HRT Music Streamer II was my first external DAC purchase. I've been using it with my Behringer Truth B3030A near-field monitors since April and it really compliments them.

Before I bought the MS II, I was using a Creative Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI Express sound card. It got the job done and sounded pretty nice, but after a while I started craving for more detail in music. So after reading up on some reviews I ended up getting the MS II.

I can't compare the sound quality to +1000$ DAC's, never having owned one, but it's hard for me to imagine a better price/performance ratio.

To summarize: If sound quality is key and you don't care for blinking leds or lcd screens, or simply don't want a device with a big footprint, this might be it.

1 Comment:

I am using the music streamer 11+ into a Musical Fidelity V8/ PSU V8 headphone amp and Grado SR 325s and the sound quality is excellent. Plenty of detail and emotion on offer. A great little performer and as good as some full size units. Only if you need more than USB input, then you have to look elsewhere.