Great quality by affordable price

A Review On: HiSoundAudio RoCoo P

HiSoundAudio RoCoo P

Battery Life
User Interface
cleg

Pros: powerful amp (for portable source), nice design, good controls, clean sound

Cons: too glossy, I'd like to have more battery life

First of all, I'd like to thank HiSound for their excellent promotion, that made possible for me to buy this DAP for very reasonable money.

This DAP is really outstanding in terms of price/sound balance, it's giving very-very high quality sound, and cost 2 times less then it's closest competitors.

Most of all, I like RoCoo for it's very clear and powerful sound. It doesn't bring too much own into sound signature (as HiFiMans does), but it have amp, powerful enough to drive all headphones that I have.

I've compared RoCoo with my iPod, and of course it's not fair comparison. On all "big" headphones RoCoo is definitely a winner: more control over sound on all frequencies, good attack, powerful bass — it's really amazing.

Of course, you can use iPod with LOD cable and portable amp, and got something familiar with RoCoo, but it's much more expensive and big solution, so It's to heavy for me to be portable.

On other hand — RoCoo is small, light-weighted and really really good-looking.

As for cons, I'd like it to be without this glossy parts, because it's collecting my fingerprints. But actually, DAPs are for listening, not for looking at smily_headphones1.gif

Highly recommend to everyone, who wants to improve portable rig, but not ready for bank robbery.

LL
LL

But where's the most important part? That is about sound quality? You mentioned only 2 words about SQ.
@nipit ; I found sound quality to be excellent. Very rich, lush , fun sounding. Very powerful. Good resolution and separation; you can identify the location of all the instruments on acoustic sets. UI is very basic but that's one of the things I like about it. Not necessarily "studio analytical" but very fun and very enjoyable; that's what it's all about in the end isn't it?
@nipit: I wrote almost everything: sound is powerful, rather neutral, with strong good bass, normal mids and highs. No sibilance or any other annoying distortions. When sound is good — it's good, and there is not much left to say