HiFiMAN HM-901 Reviews

piksnz

Hifiman HM-901 Video Unboxing and Review

Pros: The sound coming out from this device is magical, modular approach with different amp cards

Cons: Buggy UI, Hardware scroll wheel not so responsive, Bulky and gets heated

Hi All,   I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901.     Thanks for watching :)
00lunar

REVIEW: Astell&Kern AK120 vs HiFiMAN HM-901 vs Monster Audio MA9

Pros: Various, please read below

Cons: Various, please read below

Hi, My name is Dawid and I'm an audio junkie. I'd like to share about Astell&Kern AK120, HiFiMAN HM-901 and Monster Audio MA9.   Just for sake of the facts: I'm a audio journalist by profession, I work for polish press. Usually I stick to polish sites and paper magazines. But Head-fi.org is one of those portals I visit every day, constantly for couple years now. So far I've been stalker here, and figured it's time to finally write something, share a thought or two with this community. I've read lots of great reviews here, which were inspiration for me. Currawong, project86, ClieOS and some other folks are my personal heroes. Well, I believe that mainly thanks to Head-fi.org I'm...
fengwei007

This is the best sounding portable DAP I've ever heard, sound better than AK120 which I sold. Very flexible w/ the option of different amp cards.

Pros: Excellent sound quality, flexible w/ different amp cards

Cons: UI a bit awkward, battery life a bit too short especially with balanced amp card, a bit warm after playing for half an hour and longer

Can't believe there is no review for this excellent DAP yet.   I won't duplicate what I said here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/684939/back-to-hm-901-hm-901-ak120-hm901   No regret after I bought it the second time, and this time I'm gonna hold it until a better Hifiman DAP comes out. Would have given it a full 5 stars if not due to its UI.
Mshenay

Classic Hifiman House Sound Perfected!

Pros: Spacious Sound, Power, Modular Amp Cards, Mircodetail, Taut Bass,

Cons: Build Quality, Battery Life

A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and were very helpful in answering all of my questions!      Preface Ever since my Hifiman HM 601 back in 2012 I've always loved the Hifiman Sound. The deep bass, the smooth mids and that spacious presentation. Ideally for me I thought the Hm 801 was...