HiFiMAN HM-901 Reviews

piksnz

Hifiman HM-901 Video Unboxing and Review

Pros: The sound coming out from this device is magical, modular approach with different amp cards

Cons: Buggy UI, Hardware scroll wheel not so responsive, Bulky and gets heated

Hi All,   I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901.     Thanks for watching :)
00lunar

REVIEW: Astell&Kern AK120 vs HiFiMAN HM-901 vs Monster Audio MA9

Pros: Various, please read below

Cons: Various, please read below

Hi, My name is Dawid and I'm an audio junkie. I'd like to share about Astell&Kern AK120, HiFiMAN HM-901 and Monster Audio MA9.   Just for sake of the facts: I'm a audio journalist by profession, I work for polish press. Usually I stick to polish sites and paper magazines. But Head-fi.org is one of those portals I visit every day, constantly for couple years now. So far I've been stalker here, and figured it's time to finally write something, share a thought or two with this community. I've read lots of great reviews here, which were inspiration for me. Currawong, project86, ClieOS and some other folks are my personal heroes. Well, I believe that mainly thanks to Head-fi.org I'm...
fengwei007

This is the best sounding portable DAP I've ever heard, sound better than AK120 which I sold. Very flexible w/ the option of different amp cards.

Pros: Excellent sound quality, flexible w/ different amp cards

Cons: UI a bit awkward, battery life a bit too short especially with balanced amp card, a bit warm after playing for half an hour and longer

Can't believe there is no review for this excellent DAP yet.   I won't duplicate what I said here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/684939/back-to-hm-901-hm-901-ak120-hm901   No regret after I bought it the second time, and this time I'm gonna hold it until a better Hifiman DAP comes out. Would have given it a full 5 stars if not due to its UI.