Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › Over-Ear › HiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphone › Reviews › Motomatt's Review

Properly Driven -- Hard to Beat!

A Review On: HiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphone

HiFiMAN HE-6 Planar Headphone

Motomatt

Pros: Immersive Sound, Great Articulation, Effortless Presentation, non-Fatiguing Sound

Cons: Slightly Heavy for the Thin-of-Neck, Needs a Powerful Amp

Got a chance to listen to the HE-6s at the recent ChiUniFi meet in Chicago.  They were paired with a new Ray Samuels amp (due out in Dec) and the combo was nothing short of jaw dropping! Properly driven, the HE-6s had incredible presence and imaging.  Standing there, eyes closed, I could place the intsruments and vocals in space around me and the sense of being immersed in the music was unlike any I have experienced. The sound was natural and effortless with excellent articulation, but no grain or harshness in the upper mid and treble areas -- something I find fatiguing in other headphones.  At this same meet were hi-end Stax, Grado, Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser cans; yet the HE-6s stood out from them all.  I highly recommend the HE-6s, particularly with the yet-to-be-released Ray Samuels amp, and this combo now tops my short list to complete my new home rig.  Thanks, HiFiman for making these available!

Comments: