Great Sound on the Go

Rated # 52 in Amp/DACs
Amazon.com
Quality
maverickronin

Pros: Small and rugged

Cons: No EM shielding

I purchased my BitHead mainly to bypass the dismal onboard soundcards on the computers I use at work, and the better but still not so great sound on my netbook and I've been quite pleased with it's performance. It's completely plug and go which is nice if you move from computer to computer on a daily basis. Being driver free is also very nice if you can't install drivers on your work machine. (Though that doesn't apply to me since I'm one of the IT guys.) I didn't expect it to do much for much for my Cowon D2+ and SE530s but much better bass response was just the beginning. I also hooked it up to my Nintendo DS and was impressed with the results, despite the space restraints imposed upon the music.  The BitHead's only real flaw is the lack of any EM shielding. I tried velcroing it to the lid of my netbook but the CCFLs put out so much noise, it makes the BitHead sound considerably worse than the onboard sound. Moving it somewhere else solves the problem, but also makes it much less convenient.

Comments: