Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Portable Amps › HeadRoom Total AirHead › HeadRoom Total AirHead Reviews

HeadRoom Total AirHead Reviews

Airheadfreak

Great sound, poor quality

Pros: Great sound!

Cons: Crackling in inputs to headphones and physically too big.

The sound from my iPod Classic via The Total Airhead into my Shure SR440 headphones are truly great, and with four AAA-batteries it's an acceptable playing time too. The only problem I have experienced is contact problems both into the amplifier from the player and from the amplifier to the headphones. Apart from that I have no problems to reccomend this product to anyone with more than average interest of music.
jaddie

HeadRoom Airhead (early version)

Pros: Compact

Cons: Construction

I own the earlier version of the AirHead portable amp.  Different packaging, and  uses 2 AA batteries.  I purchased it used after I had my Benchmark HPA2 stolen.  The HPA2 is a headphone amp on a little PC board mounted to a 1/4" jack, and I believe it is now out of production.  I had mounted it in a small box with a DC/DC converter to provide the required supply voltages from a 9V battery.  So, technically, it wasn't a "portable" amp, but I made it into one.    I mention all of that because this might not be a fair comparison.  The HPA2 was simply a glorious sounding headphone amp, and I miss it still.  I got the TotalAirHead to...