Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphone Amplifiers › Desktop Amps › HeadRoom Micro Amp › HeadRoom Micro Amp Reviews

HeadRoom Micro Amp Reviews

tdockweiler

Under-appreciated amp

Pros: Build quality, very transparent, sounds good with nearly everything, tons of power, detail, US built

Cons: may be slightly expensive to some

My first desktop amp I got was the Schiit Asgard. Can't believe I went so long with just weak portable amps. I bought the Asgard for the HD-600. Found it drove that perfectly, but made my K702 and K601 sound like poop. ATH-AD2000 also sounded bad too. D2000 however was pretty impressive on it. Went with the E9 and found I preferred the K702 on that, but still liked the Asgard for the HD-650.   My goal was to find an amp that sounds equally good with BOTH the HD-650 and the K702. I remember one night comparing all my amps for the HD-650 and it actually sounded the best out of my cheap Total Airhead. How the heck does that happen?! This was for gaming and music. This made me want...