Head-Fi.org › Head Gear › Headphones › In-Ear › Universal Fit › HEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphones › Reviews › garypaul1256's Review

Wow

A Review On: HEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphones

HEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphones

Rated # 6 in Universal Fit
Amazon.com
garypaul1256
Posted · 12618 Views · 1 Comment

Pros: Short burn in time, Full sounding, Small

Cons: Low end weak, sound isolation is not the greatest, rubber tips but no foam offered

Well I searched and searched everywhere I could to find a replacement for my Shure E2c's and with a little skepticism I went with the HiFi Re0s. I couldn't wait to try them out. I didn't really believe in the burn in time for buds but to my dismay these needed a few hours to really get the full body sound. I also had to replace the rubber tips with Comply foam from my local Radio Shack for a mere $15. So total I have spent $99 on these and I am happy to say I will be looking to purchase these again when need be. I was really worried I wouldn't find what I came to really enjoy from my E2c's. The E2c's had great bass and great sound isolation. The Re0 have a more full natural sound for less money. So i rated the value high but the isolation low because of what the E2c's provided. Comfort is only 3.5 because of having to go out and purchase after market tips. They are now stellar and fit better then my E2c's did, which I thought could never happen. Audio quality is only a 4 because I know there are better buds but for more money. The design is small and compact and so far seem durable, but the only worry is the cord is your basic quality. These are very affordable even for the average listener. These come highly recommended from me but who am I?

1 Comment:

I bought the RE1 last year. Paired it with a Practical Devices XM4 for travelling. Terrific sound—top-to-bottom, and also spacious. Hard to believe that I am listening to so much aural space, and bass, with something this small jammed into my ear canal. Haven't done any tip changes as the ones that came with it fit me well.
A first-class bargain!